Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Life Of Pi keeps going up at my cinema..Hobbit is also doing solid business.Nativity is way down since Christmas Eve.Rise of the Guardians pretty good.Parental Guidance is awful.We've not got Jack Reacher - not got enough screens. Our next two films are Quartet (starts the 1st) and Les Miserables (11th)

I remember when i went to Marble Arch Odeon to watch narnia 2 in 2007. The ticket cost me 12.85 i think and when i went into the auditorium the screen was no bigger than my bedroom wall...i swear! i was like fuck no, went out and got my refund.

• Like 2

If it wasn't for the cast i'd be surprised by how wide Quartet is going.

Think Quartet will do okay but I can't it being as big as The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. January's pretty busy not only with Les Mis but also Django Unchained, Gangster Squad, Lincoln and Zero Dark Thirty as well as Monsters Inc 3D.

Fantastic increases! The Hobbit could do £7.5-8m ($11.3-13m) this weekend for somewhere between $57-60m. I definitely see it hitting £50m now. Even TDKR is still a possibility, but that depends on post-holiday legs. I don't know what kind of increases there are on the weekend before New year, but I imagine every day should be at least flat.That's excellent for Pi! Should already be over £11m ($17.8m) after Sunday. £15m is locked, £20m ($32m) is the target now. Another breakout.And great for JR too. 5 day opening will probably be around £3.5-4m ($5.7-6.5m).Skyfall keeps going! Seeing it hit £100m tops off a great year for the UK.