Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Is the 8.18M all from 3 days weekend?What is the number from 26 Dec. to 30 Dec. and Imax preview from 23 Dec.?

Its all the cash grossed so far, IMAX previews included too. As it opened on a monday, they've been able to pile 11 days of play including the IMAX previews into it's official opening weekend. Same for Dragon Tattoo.

Iron Lady will be top three at least, January doesn't have that much in the way of big films unlike last year, could see War Horse topping the charts in a week or so.I still think The Muppets when it opens in February will be a hit, it launches before half term and in terms of competition, there's only Journey 2 and Star Wars Episode I 3D the latter should do okay but not big business. I'm going to cautionous and predict a £3-4m OW for Muppets with great legs but I'll be happily surprise if it does over £5m like Johnny English did.

good start for Iron Lady here tonight :)it's actually opened bigger than The King's Speech did but i doubt it will have anywhere near the staying power.

The Iron Lady should do well but its not going to have the same legs as TKS, War Horse opens the week after. The week after that has Haywire, Underworld Awakening and J Edgar, I've already seen advertising for the last one on buses.The Artist has a staggered release but I do want to see it and it'll be interesting how it does because its not an easy sell as its black and white and silent.

I saw it when I was in America and its good but the subject matter will be unknown to most UK audiences but I don't think it'll be a complete flop. If it gets Top 10 that's good, it'll be hard for it to break into the top five against Haywire and Underworld.