Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Hangover 3 OW = $9.2M or £6M (Decent)

IM3 at $53.8M or £35.5M

Gatsby at $12.9M or £8.5M

Epic OW is $5.1M or £3.3M with 7 Days! (weak)

STiD at $29.2M or £19.2M

• Like 2

Half term should be pretty big. Fast 6 and Epic will dominate, whereas TH3's probably gonna drop quickly. No big new release this week so finally some space to breathe with such an overcrowded marketplace.

Poor british kids. Only half term there. In Russia school year ended last Friday.

Not all kids get half term, I know in Northern Ireland and Scotland only have Monday off but school finishes end in June, in England and Wales, it's not until mid July,

Yeah ST2's doing very well relative to most other markets. Still has a shot at $40m, or at least high 30s with half term now.

The last film did £21m total and considering the competition, STiD is doing great, most of the films will hold well with the lack of decent competition, The Big Wedding and Byzantium aren't going to make much of a dent.The next big release is After Earth which I think will do £3-4m OW Obilivion did £3.3m excluding its previews so I think AE will do similar business, maybe a tad more. Edited by Jonwo

Epic is packed this afternoon. The weather's gone bad again which is probably helping... Should get a very nice half term boost, but It won't be reaching the heights of The Croods or Ralph. £15m is doable, though.

Another thing of note. Man of Steel has gone 24 hour at the BFI IMAX. Show added at at midnight and then 3:50 and 3:25am. Only film to have this recently I think was TDKR, so they must be expecting it to be pretty huge.

• Like 1

Another thing of note. Man of Steel has gone 24 hour at the BFI IMAX. Show added at at midnight and then 3:50 and 3:25am. Only film to have this recently I think was TDKR, so they must be expecting it to be pretty huge.

The opening day already has two sellouts, I imagine it'll have more sellouts as it gets closer to the date.

Looking at the show listings, almost all of the shows are 85-90% sold already. Only the midnight and the newly added 3AM shows have good seats left.

Looking at the show listings, almost all of the shows are 85-90% sold already. Only the midnight and the newly added 3AM shows have good seats left.

BFI IMAX isn't the best indicator of box office potential but I think MoS is heading for a £7-8m OW, could go higher but it's hard to gauge at the moment.
  • Like 1