Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Heatwave alertd this weekend, I think grosses are gonna be down again. This has been one of the warmest and sunniest July's for years so far. But summer holidays start next week, so everything has plenty opportunity to rake in the money.

Kids films tend to stick around so I'm not too worried about Monsters University, PR did okay, MU has no competition until Smurfs 2 in three weeks so it'll have strong weekdays once the holidays arrive. The last time a big film had a low OW but ended up rebounding was MIB3 which did £2.9m but ended up increasing the week after. BTW did Man of Steel hit £30m Rth?

Edited by Jonwo

any numbers for those films Rth?

I have to say, this is one of the most disappointing openings I can remember with Monsters U (compared to my expectations at least).

We're mirroring what you said above with it only just out performing Despicable Me 2 yesterday and today, which when you think that is on its 4th weekend is terrible.

Looks like MoS has is almost at £30m, its total is $45m which is around £29.8m so its hitting that milestone today.

Is it still on track to reach $50M total?