Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

8 hours ago, Tarintino said:

TBF the seating arrangement could have been avoided. My friend booked for the wrong cinema so when we arrived we had to get a last minute ticket. I used to go theatres alot but as I've gotten older and have a child, I go less and less, party due to the inconvenience and also partly because theres nothing new to see anymore.

There's only so many times you can get excited for a new Batman in a decade. When i was 18 I loved watching the likes of TDK and Iron Man in the cinema. Now I'm 32 and it just seems like there is nothing new to get excited over.

Im sure people here wont agree with me, but im just predicting the legs wont be too stellar from what Im hearing or reading from social media and friends.

I'd have eaten this up 10 years ago though

I’m 41 and was as hyped for this as I was any of the Batman films! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

Monday was about £1.4-1.6m, something like that

not sure how that compares with other monday drops

Sounds pretty good for a normal working Monday. Should be close to the £20m mark going into the weekend. 

• Like 1

Yeh this certainly isn’t the straight to video thread. 

If you’re from the UK you’ll probably have a long wait as we don’t have HBOMax. And we don’t (or shouldn’t) discuss pirated watches on this forum. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh this certainly isn’t the straight to video thread. 

If you’re from the UK you’ll probably have a long wait as we don’t have HBOMax. And we don’t (or shouldn’t) discuss pirated watches on this forum. 

So I cant talk about Pirates of the Carribbean?

11 hours ago, wildphantom said:

I’m 41 and was as hyped for this as I was any of the Batman films! 

I want to be at that point again. I miss being excited to go to the cinema. My local took such a beating during the pandemic that they dont even offer jalepenos on your nachos anymore. It's a dark time for theatres

I'm looking forward to the movie but yes, the fact that I haven't rushed out to see it really highlights the passage of time and priorities (hooray for the never-ending demands of parenthood).

I also think, as ludicrous as it sounds, that being - just barely - older than the actor playing batman is a weird, not exactly pleasant feeling. How the fuck can I be older than batman?!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I'm looking forward to the movie but yes, the fact that I haven't rushed out to see it really highlights the passage of time and priorities (hooray for the never-ending demands of parenthood).

I also think, as ludicrous as it sounds, that being - just barely - older than the actor playing batman is a weird, not exactly pleasant feeling. How the fuck can I be older than batman?!

I cant even get a baby sitter to watch this. My parents would usually help but they have covid so having them look after a baby would be a bit harsh on them, even if it is for batman

Edited by Tarintino
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Tarintino said:

I want to be at that point again. I miss being excited to go to the cinema. My local took such a beating during the pandemic that they dont even offer jalepenos on your nachos anymore. It's a dark time for theatres

Considering Sing 2 has been hugely successful this year alongside Uncharted and Belfast, it's not exactly a dark time.... 

2 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

We've had a pretty solid start to the year. March is a little iffy, but once Morbius opens we're golden

It's insane how many new movies are opening in April. I do think Paramount could have moved up The Lost City to the end of March.

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

It's insane how many new movies are opening in April. I do think Paramount could have moved up The Lost City to the end of March.

I'm not sure why we have to wait longer for it. Didn't realise Ambulance is out in just over 2 weeks 😅

Plus RRR is likely to do pretty big business for an Indian movie

Edited by SchumacherFTW

11 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Considering Sing 2 has been hugely successful this year alongside Uncharted and Belfast, it's not exactly a dark time.... 

It is for nachos, did yot not here me? No jalepenos are offered anymore. No hot cheesy sauce, just crappy plastic cheese pots instead. These are dark times for me. 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 9:43 AM, Tarintino said:

do you think? The U.K. box office has been doing great in recent months.  All the cinemas around me are just like they were before it pretty much. All with new laser projectors too, so ‘dim bulb gate’ seems a thing of the past, at least where I reside. 

9 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

do you think? The U.K. box office has been doing great in recent months.  All the cinemas around me are just like they were before it pretty much. All with new laser projectors too, so ‘dim bulb gate’ seems a thing of the past, at least where I reside. 

I wish my local Cineworld would go laser, but that's pretty unlikely. At least I can enjoy the local Everyman from time to time for that though

6 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I wish my local Cineworld would go laser, but that's pretty unlikely. At least I can enjoy the local Everyman from time to time for that though

I was amazed! 
might be something to do with Everyman and Odeon both now having laser in all screens. 
Cineworld Cardiff’s projection light quality has been abysmal for years. I’ve been a couple of times this week in different screens and it’s unmistakable. 

So there might be hope for you yet. I bet you’re enjoying Everyman’s projection standards. Tremendous. 

6 hours ago, wildphantom said:

I was amazed! 
might be something to do with Everyman and Odeon both now having laser in all screens. 
Cineworld Cardiff’s projection light quality has been abysmal for years. I’ve been a couple of times this week in different screens and it’s unmistakable. 

So there might be hope for you yet. I bet you’re enjoying Everyman’s projection standards. Tremendous. 

I have done each time I go, but it's so dammed expensive to do it. Hard to justify dropping £17 on one 2D ticket when I have an unlimited card and Limitless as well. 

• Like 1