Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Brave was aparently the only film busy yesterday here in Crawley. Ek Tha Tiger? Sold out a few shows by the look of it too, so look for that in the top 10 today. Have to admit, love that this cinema has pretty much everything. Waiting to watch The Expendables in D-Box, then TDKR in Liemax afterwards.

Brave past £8m this Sunday. Won the weekend with ease.

Nice total, hope it gets £20M+ too. Needs to make up for Brave flopping in numerous other OS markets.

$7.4m...so about £4.7m. Alright, I guess.

Actually pretty good for the Bourne reboot all considering, did much better than Expendables 2 which was direct competition. Seems a lot of goodwill left over from the Bourne trilogy in the UK.

Ek Tha Tiger? Sold out a few shows by the look of it too, so look for that in the top 10 today.

Apparently that Bollywood film is the biggest film in India of 2012 so it should do very well here too.

1 Brave £5,269,402 £8,270,5462 The Bourne Legacy £4,620,289 £4,620,2893 Ted £2,076,046 £22,186,5494 The Expendables 2 £1,985,082 £1,985,0825 The Dark Knight Rises £1,506,178 £49,776,3916 Ek Tha Tiger £543,073 £543,0737 Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Dog Days £459,526 £5,229,2668 Ice Age: Continental Drift £350,788 £27,603,5879 Step-Up 4: Miami Heat £340,072 £1,797,04810 The Wedding Video £333,079 £333,079

Films normally* open on a Friday here, same as in the US, but when they do open on a different day the whole gross is added together.So Bourne and Brave both opened on Monday so the figure reported is a 7 day figure. Expendables opened on Thursday so that is a 4 day figure. Everything is is just the actual 3 day weekend.*I say normally they open on a Friday, but it actually seems more often than not they open a day or two earlier. We get loads of Wednesday openings here. The Monday opening for Brave and Bourne was because the Olympics finished on Sunday.

Okay so Bourne is for the full week. What about the other movies? Are these totals just for the weekend?I know these are dumb questions but bear with me. :lol:

Totals are for the weekend only and always include weekly previews of the film if it released that week (if they had any).The 2nd figure is for the lifetime gross.

Anyone have any explanation for how TDKR is getting such amazing drops week to week even with the Olympics and hot weather and everything else that's been against it? Don't get me wrong, it was a good movie, but I didn't see anything in it that would capture the hearts of British audiences more than every other superhero movie. It's going to destroy the totals for TDK and TA. Is it just the finale factor?

Anyone have any explanation for how TDKR is getting such amazing drops week to week even with the Olympics and hot weather and everything else that's been against it? Don't get me wrong, it was a good movie, but I didn't see anything in it that would capture the hearts of British audiences more than every other superhero movie. It's going to destroy the totals for TDK and TA. Is it just the finale factor?

English people love an underdog story, and Tdkr was that oh and its BATMAN

Films normally* open on a Friday here, same as in the US, but when they do open on a different day the whole gross is added together.So Bourne and Brave both opened on Monday so the figure reported is a 7 day figure. Expendables opened on Thursday so that is a 4 day figure. Everything is is just the actual 3 day weekend.*I say normally they open on a Friday, but it actually seems more often than not they open a day or two earlier. We get loads of Wednesday openings here. The Monday opening for Brave and Bourne was because the Olympics finished on Sunday.

Oh thanks that explains a lot. In the US if it opens on a weekday then it's counted in that days total. Nothing carries over to the weekend. Hence my confusion.