Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

32 minutes ago, mepal1 said:

Eh....i've been following the BO of Spectre........its only £1-2 mil, behind Avatar. Where on earth did you get the idea that SP was £13 mil behind Avatar? ;) 

apologies, I thought you were talking about Skyfall. I have had a long day :lol:

32 minutes ago, Dan9 said:

:ohmyzod:

So we're at £25-26M after 3 days, stunning (~$38M). Christmas Holidays logic should mean a minimal Sunday drop, right? 

Also having seen it again earlier it's definitely Craig. :ph34r:

Sunday is always a day off so thats not gonna be affected by school holidays. Sunday drops are pretty minimal in the UK to begin with though.

"@ian_sandwell: Star Wars: The Force Awakens lands with estimated £32.8m in the UK, potentially falling just short of Deathly Hallows 2's three-day record."

Early Sunday estimate of £7.4M, actual could go up of course. 

Record thing is debatable though. The Force Awakens had a higher first 3 day total of £25.4M (I think?), it was just on a Thursday-Saturday as opposed to a Friday-Sunday which makes TFA's numbers even more impressive. Bit weird really that it's made to sound like it's done worse.

Edited by Dan9

1 hour ago, Dan9 said:

"@ian_sandwell: Star Wars: The Force Awakens lands with estimated £32.8m in the UK, potentially falling just short of Deathly Hallows 2's three-day record."

Early Sunday estimate of £7.4M, actual could go up of course. 

Record thing is debatable though. The Force Awakens had a higher first 3 day total of £25.4M (I think?), it was just on a Thursday-Saturday as opposed to a Friday-Sunday which makes TFA's numbers even more impressive. Bit weird really that it's made to sound like it's done worse.

The fact that it got so close (and might actually beat) the record, despite burning off demand on Thursday and posting the biggest single day ever outside the weekend, makes it even more impressive. I assume Sandwell couldn't fit all that into 140 characters.

1 hour ago, mepal1 said:

Amazing opening weekend by SW7, but will it have legs to beat the 2 Bond behemoths Spectre and Skyfall..........it should do, but SW7 could burn out, after the Xmas hols. ;)

If it burns out after the hols it will still have demolished Spectre at minimum. The word of mouth is astounding for a film with this much hype. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Skyfall is done. Reckon Sunday could go up. 

Skyfall was done Winter 2013 ;)

.....if you are referring to Spectre, then obviously the film would of taken a massive hit this weekend, particularly Fri.

If we go by the films performance in the North American market this week, the same thing happened to SP there as well, a dismay BO take on Friday, but Sunday's take was actually pretty good.

22 minutes ago, mepal1 said:

.....if you are referring to Spectre, then obviously the film would of taken a massive hit this weekend, particularly Fri.

If we go by the films performance in the North American market this week, the same thing happened to SP there as well, a dismay BO take on Friday, but Sunday's take was actually pretty good.

Spectre won't have had a chance to gain anything back here. Any cinema with less than 7 screens dumped it after Wednesday, and there is simply no room with the schedule coming that any with less than 12 screens will keep it after Christmas. 

28 minutes ago, mepal1 said:

I was referring to Skyfall and that it will be dethroned as number 1 film of all time soon. 

6 minutes ago, Heretic said:

I was referring to Skyfall and that it will be dethroned as number 1 film of all time soon. 

Ok, if only people wrote their posts more clearly, as the short sentences can be interpreted in several ways. ;)

Yes, it does look like SW7 will surpass SF in the UK.