Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

30 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Official cineworld Facebook page, plus all mentions of it have disappeared from their website. 

Yeah I can see them replying to people on Twitter saying they're unfortunately not showing it. 

Im speculating here, but I'd imagine it's to do with the distributor wanting bigger screens for the movie. Cineworld off the back of Star Wars doing £10 million on the weekend said no way. What else could it be over?

Either way, it's a disaster for Hateful 8.  Cineworld is the second biggest chain in the UK

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Yeah I can see them replying to people on Twitter saying they're unfortunately not showing it. 

Im speculating here, but I'd imagine it's to do with the distributor wanting bigger screens for the movie. Cineworld off the back of Star Wars doing £10 million on the weekend said no way. What else could it be over?

Either way, it's a disaster for Hateful 8.  Cineworld is the second biggest chain in the UK

I doubt they're that stupid. They probably want extra revenue to offset the screener leak from a few weeks back. 

And I though cineworld was biggest? It's certainly the superior chain ;)

55 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I doubt they're that stupid. They probably want extra revenue to offset the screener leak from a few weeks back. 

I think odeon still are, by a shade, the biggest. Might be wrong. 

I've had a cineworld unlimited card for 14 years. Looks like I'll be going elsewhere Friday for my QT fix though! 

1 minute ago, wildphantom said:

I think odeon still are, by a shade, the biggest. Might be wrong. 

I've had a cineworld unlimited card for 14 years. Looks like I'll be going elsewhere Friday for my QT fix though! 

I've had mine for 6 now, don't know what I'd do without it. I'm pretty lucky that a friend had already booked for us to go to Leicester Square for the 70mm version at the Odeon, otherwise I'd probably be skipping it. 

9 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I imagine the distributor will back down. It happened with Alice in Wonderland a few years back when Disney wanted to limit the release window and cinemas initially refused to show it. 

It's pretty late in the game for a backtrack now though isn't it, most schedules will be online within the next day. 

1 minute ago, SchumacherFTW said:

It's pretty late in the game for a backtrack now though isn't it, most schedules will be online within the next day. 

I think that's why the schedule isnt online yet as they usually online by today.  I imagine they'll be a compromise of some sort 

35 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I've had mine for 6 now, don't know what I'd do without it. I'm pretty lucky that a friend had already booked for us to go to Leicester Square for the 70mm version at the Odeon, otherwise I'd probably be skipping it. 

I'm still mulling over maybe seeing it in 70mm. I live in Cardiff but could take a trip down to see what all the fuss is about. Haven't been to the odeon Leicester Square for years. Amazing theatre. 

2 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Market share CW Odeon take turns being on top like 2015 it was Odeon in 2014 it was CW, for say last 5 years its Odeon (but only Just)

• Like 2

Top engagements 1/1-3/1
all TFA
1- Imax Soutbank
2-CW Crawley
3-CW Sheffield
4-NAC Bluwater
5-Empire Basildon
6-Vue Westfield London
7-Odeon Metrocentre
8-Odeon Norwich
9-Empire Westend
combined with OLS (come off this week for H8) would be #2
10-Odeon Kingston

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rth said:

Top engagements 1/1-3/1
all TFA
1- Imax Soutbank
2-CW Crawley
3-CW Sheffield
4-NAC Bluwater
5-Empire Basildon
6-Vue Westfield London
7-Odeon Metrocentre
8-Odeon Norwich
9-Empire Westend
combined with OLS (come off this week for H8) would be #2
10-Odeon Kingston

Interesting that Vue Westfield is only number 6 and neither OLS or Vue Westfield SC are not in the top 10 at all. How many screens is the Showcase at Bluewater? Metrocentre, Basildon, Kingston and Norwich beating big cinemas in London and Manchester is a surprise. 

ODEON has by far the most cinemas in the UK, but some of their sites are doing poorly. CW also owns Picturehouse and there are a few other smaller chains that are doing great business, even better than the big chains PTA wise.

SW Mon looking around £1.3, cume £98.7. School is back on Tuesday, so expect poorer weekdays from now on.

Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • Like 3