11-CW Glasgow
12-Odeon Norwich
13-Odeon Trafford Square

14-Odeon Leicester Squ
(#1 combined with CWLS )

15-Vue Westfield stratford
16-CW Leicester Squ

OLS quite far down this weekend. 

What was was the weekend breakdown for FB? 

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

OLS quite far down this weekend. 

What was was the weekend breakdown for FB? 

what happens when you start splitting product with theatre across the Square... like what doing in NYC now  lot films play both Empire & E-Walk  opposite each other

• Like 4

Interesting how A United Kingdom which debuted at number 6 jumped three places, must be the older audience seeing it plus Trolls having little to no weekday business due to school. 

9 hours ago, Doctor Rth and his FBeasts said:

what happens when you start splitting product with theatre across the Square... like what doing in NYC now  lot films play both Empire & E-Walk  opposite each other

I suppose in the case of CWLS and AMC Empire 25, they have IMAX and IMAX is popular.

4 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Interesting how A United Kingdom which debuted at number 6 jumped three places, must be the older audience seeing it plus Trolls having little to no weekday business due to school. 

I suppose in the case of CWLS and AMC Empire 25, they have IMAX and IMAX is popular.

Yes, for example FB playing E-walk & Empire 25 its only on Imax screen @ Empire25

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, James said:

I am really curious to see if FB is still on top on Friday. I expect it will be.

Probably, athough tomorrow and Sunday will be much closer. Wouldn't surprise me if Moana wins those two days. FB is still looking at a good third weekend though.

Edited by Heretic

Just now, Heretic said:

Probably, athough tomorrow and Sunday will be much closer. Wouldn't surprise me if Moana wins those two days. FB is still looking at a good third weekend though.

It would surprise me. Moana looks a bit underwhelming so far in most major markets (Mexico, China, Russia). I don;t think it comes close to Frozen in the UK on OW. And I also don't think the difference between #1 (FB) and #2 (Moana) will be small at all. At least £ 1m.

2 hours ago, m3racer123 said:

Is #2 of the year pretty likely now for FB, after Rogue One? A couple more sub-50% drops should more or less guarantee $48m.

Yeah, it's almost guaranteed 2nd place. Unless Rogue One falls over 50% from TFA, it'll easily secure number 1 of the year. 

• Like 1

Looking at pre-sales around my area this morning, FB looks way busier than Moana. Should have anothe strong Saturday. However, Moana isn't exactly a heavy pre-sales type of film, so imagine it'll get a lot of walk up business with families during the day. We'll see what happens, but as it stands FB is taking this weekend.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 4

We've had a pretty awful day on Moana.. worse than good dinosaur :(

Hopefully it's just with there being a lot of big events on near by this weekend (Lincoln Christmas Market etc) and it's better elsewhere.

Sully and Beasts are doing OK though so I'm not sure what's going on