Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

17 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

From what I saw today: Moana was about a quarter full at 10am this morning, Edge of Seventeen is DOA (shame), Arrival sold out, and Sully's only IMAX show today has around 100 people in it. Read in to that what you will... 

What about FB?

2 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

From what I saw today: Moana was about a quarter full at 10am this morning, Edge of Seventeen is DOA (shame), Arrival sold out, and Sully's only IMAX show today has around 100 people in it. Read in to that what you will... 

Sully will pull in the old crowd, Moana has a clear run in terms of family competition so I wouldn't be surprised if it has low drops for the next few weeks before making most of its business during Christmas. 

I noticed Sing already has presales, Universal really want it to be another SLOP

style hit,

Moana doesn't seem to be doing that well around me either. Most of its shows are like a quarter full, and the afternoon is when animations usually do very strong business. Don't really know what's going on with this... Marketing was quite weak I guess, I don't remember any promotion at all, and FB is really dominating right now.

I imagine over christmas it'll have a good run and will probably end with a respectable total, but it definitely doesn't look like it's starting as strongly as recent WDA films.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Moana doesn't seem to be doing that well around me either. Most of its shows are like a quarter full, and the afternoon is when animations usually do very strong business. Don't really know what's going on with this... Marketing was quite weak I guess, I don't remember any promotion at all, and FB is really dominating right now.

I imagine over christmas it'll have a good run and will probably end with a respectable total, but it definitely doesn't look like it's starting as strongly as recent WDA films.

So maybe £ 6m and £ 3.5m predictions for Fantastic Beasts and Moana are coming true. Wouldn't that be something?

22 minutes ago, James said:

So maybe £ 6m and £ 3.5m predictions for Fantastic Beasts and Moana are coming true. Wouldn't that be something?

Hmm £6m is high, I think £4.5-5m. But you've been right before. 

£3m or so is what I'm expecting for Moana.

meh. maybe they're bunch of racists and hated the idea of brown princess ;)  I gave up on Moana's OS run at this point. It's more like a turd outside the NA (and maybe France). If the late legs kick in then it's good but otherwise this would have the LEGO movie kinda $450M~$500M WW total. 

1 minute ago, Heretic said:

Horrendous start for Moana. I don't know what happened.

what happened was it DIDN'T happen ?  will see how it saves its face throughout the Christmas. Somehow they ALL fell in the $30M range since Tangled except Frozen. so hopefully $20M+, but even that seems like a stretch. TFATF did $16.4M off of a $2.4M so there's a glimmer of hope to that $20M. 

2 minutes ago, yjs said:

what happened was it DIDN'T happen ?  will see how it saves its face throughout the Christmas. Somehow they ALL fell in the $30M range since Tangled except Frozen. so hopefully $20M+, but even that seems like a stretch. TFATF did $16.4M off of a $2.4M so there's a glimmer of hope to that $20M. 

TPATF did not have RO and Sing to contend with. But for your sake, I hope 20m happens.:lol:

Edited by James