Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

7 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Where's your local Tree? 

Mine is Cardiff. Hasn't shown up yet either. 

My local is Huntingdon, but I'm going to go to the Empire in Leicester Square, which apparently is now a Cineworld. The IMAX there is amazing, the best in the country.

23 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

My local is Huntingdon, but I'm going to go to the Empire in Leicester Square, which apparently is now a Cineworld. The IMAX there is amazing, the best in the country.

It is a Cineworld now, you're right. 

Is it full size though, like the BFI? 

I'm all booked in now for the midnight. Thank god for that! 

13 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

It is a Cineworld now, you're right. 

Is it full size though, like the BFI? 

I'm all booked in now for the midnight. Thank god for that! 

it's really big. Not as tall as the BFI but much wider, in fact for films with a normal 2.35:1 aspect ratio (such as Rogue One) I believe it's the biggest screen in the country.

There we go. All booked.

Pissed that my Unlimited card doesn't even give me a discount!? What the hell is that all about. I understand they gotta charge more in central london but not even giving a discount to Unlimited members is ridiculous.

Edited by Treecraft

18 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

There we go. All booked.

Pissed that my Unlimited card doesn't even give me a discount!? What the hell is that all about. I understand they gotta charge more in central london but not even giving a discount to Unlimited members is ridiculous.

Its a different membership rate to include West End cinemas which covers LS there

also if you don't have membership that includes Westend, if you happen to just want to purchase a ticket on the day at the cinemas its a small uplift charge

Edited by Doctor Rth and his FBeasts

21 minutes ago, Doctor Rth and his FBeasts said:

Its a different membership rate to include West End cinemas which covers LS there

also if you don't have membership that includes Westend, if you happen to just want to purchase a ticket on the day at the cinemas its a small uplift charge

that's what i mean - I know they have a separate West End unlimited card but I expected to have to pay a small uplift. Instead I am forced to pay the full £20 for the ticket.

4 hours ago, Treecraft said:

There we go. All booked.

I've had issues with my unlimited card there in person the last two times I've been. I think there's still some kind of conflict in that system since they bought the site. 

5 hours ago, Treecraft said:

That's where I head after work these days so I work in Huntingdon these days, but I'm more likely to do a marathon at the weekend in Stevenage. 

2 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

That's where I head after work these days so I work in Huntingdon these days, but I'm more likely to do a marathon at the weekend in Stevenage. 

Yeah Stevenage is good, has late shows on weekends and has a better range of films. Stevenage is about 35 mins from me, Huntingdon about 25 mins, and St Neots about 15 mins - but St Neots is so small that I rarely go there.

1 hour ago, Treecraft said:

Yeah Stevenage is good, has late shows on weekends and has a better range of films. Stevenage is about 35 mins from me, Huntingdon about 25 mins, and St Neots about 15 mins - but St Neots is so small that I rarely go there.

Stevenage is about the same for me, Huntingdon is about 10 mins from work, and if I'm just going for an unlimited screening I'll usually pop to Haverhill as that's about 20 mins from home. 

10 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Stevenage is about the same for me, Huntingdon is about 10 mins from work, and if I'm just going for an unlimited screening I'll usually pop to Haverhill as that's about 20 mins from home. 

I thought you lived in Crawley?