Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Are theaters working without restrictions in the UK?

Do you guys feel confortable seeting next to other people? I feel like it will be incredibly weird, unsafe and unconfortable.

42 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Do you guys feel confortable seeting next to other people? I feel like it will be incredibly weird, unsafe and unconfortable.

Odeon has no restrictions on social distancing or masks now, although masks are still advised. I think I'll be more comfortable with it after getting fully vaccinated. I think it's too early to get rid of the 2 meter rule but to be fair no one wore masks in screenings anyway and in an enclosed space like a cinema screen a seat or two in-between isn't going to help much especially if there are people behind and in front of you too, I'm not sure how well ventilated our cinemas are so I may be wrong about that but being inside with anyone is a risk. 

I think Cineworld still have social distancing rules, not too sure about that though as I haven't been to one in like 3 years.

I hope we keep the social distancing rules here. You have one seat free around you (so front, back, left and right). I can understand not wearing mask anymore but I need that space between me and the other persons right now.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I hope we keep the social distancing rules here. You have one seat free around you (so front, back, left and right). I can understand not wearing mask anymore but I need that space between me and the other persons right now.

The world has become a bunch of pussies 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CJohn said:

To be honest i always hated sitting next to people, pandemic or no pandemic.

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

9 hours ago, CJohn said:

In Scotland there has to be two empty seats at either side of each household, and every second row is completely closed. 

So it’s quite similar to yours. Two empty seats to the left, two to the right and empty in front of you and behind you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

In Scotland there has to be two empty seats at either side of each household, and every second row is completely closed. 

So it’s quite similar to yours. Two empty seats to the left, two to the right and empty in front of you and behind you. 

You've finally progressed to where we were at 2 months ago 😉

Top 20 Best Openings - 2021 - not including previews

1. F9 - £4,836,773 / 594 sites
2. Black Widow - £4,639,095 / 644 sites
3. Peter Rabbit 2 - £3,808,508 / 496 sites
4. A Quiet Place: Part II - £2,250,535 / 561 sites
5. The Conjuring 3: The Devil Made Me Do It - £1,867,821 / 473 sites
6. Cruella - £1,453,635 / 522 sites
7. Space Jam: A New Legacy - £1,363,556 / 603 sites
8. In The Heights - £1,036,517 / 630 sites
9. The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard - £1,031,208 / 522 sites
10. Old - £866,860 / 560 sites
11. Godzilla vs. Kong - £783,879 / 432 sites
12. The Forever Purge - £701,806 / 501 sites
13. The Croods 2: A New Age - £696,196 / 602 sites
14. Nomadland - £496,376 / 430 sites
15. Spiral: From the Book of Saw - £481,682 / 330 sites
16. Nobody - £376,067 / 492 sites
17. The Father - £359,626 / 626 sites
18. Freaky - £335,966 / 522 sites
19. Demon Slayer: Mugen Train - £303,861 / 336 sites
20. Escape Room 2: Tournament of Champions - £262,103 / 414 sites

Edited by Mike Hunt
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Yeh Jungle Cruise is getting more of the premium screens (guessing because schools are off)

Suicide Squad has the SuperScreen for one showing, Jungle Cruise has it for 3. Both have 19 showings each at my local. 

Black Widow & Space Jam are keeping a decent amount of showings each, Old just one less than them. 

Edited by Krissykins

39 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh Jungle Cruise is getting more of the premium screens (guessing because schools are off)

Suicide Squad has the SuperScreen for one showing, Jungle Cruise has it for 3. Both have 19 showings each at my local. 

Black Widow & Space Jam are keeping a decent amount of showings each, Old just one less than them. 

They're both splitting IMAX and 4DX here pretty evenly, bit more preferential towards Suicide Squad with the show times it looks like. 15 SS to 16 JC shows per day here, but JC looking pretty anaemic on presales. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, exomassey said:

So how’s The Suicide Squad looking for the weekend?

Seems to be selling well. Biggest opening of 2021 possibly?

The Suicide Squad is rated a 15 whereas F9 and Black Widow are 12A’s. That’s one factor against it getting the biggest opening of the year. Schools are also off now so parents might be busy with Space Jam, Croods 2, Jungle Cruise etc. 

Edited by Krissykins

7 hours ago, exomassey said:

So how’s The Suicide Squad looking for the weekend?

Seems to be selling well. Biggest opening of 2021 possibly?

I'm going to go ballsy and say Yes. Weather is no longer great here and I honestly think the reviews will give this hype. I might be letting personal excitement cloud my judgement but in a non pandemic world I would have thought TSS would out-open BW, providing it was great

16 hours ago, Menor said:

Is there some UK-specific reason why this could happen? That would be shocking considering it's not coming remotely close to either BW or F9 in the US. Usually UK and US have a decent correlation. 

We don’t have HBOMax. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1