Eric Prime

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

Spidey Old-School Nerd Alert:  Still don't get why they decided to call the character "Betty Brant" but hire a girl/dress her up *exactly* like Gwen Stacy???  That bugs me.  

*This* is my Betty Brant!  😁

elizabeth-banks-ms-brant.gif

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Spidey Old-School Nerd Alert:  Still don't get why they decided to call the character "Betty Brant" but hire a girl/dress her up *exactly* like Gwen Stacy???  That bugs me.  

*This* is my Betty Brant!  😁

elizabeth-banks-ms-brant.gif

Is it really anymore egregious than giving Peter a love interest whose initials are MJ, without the character actually being named Mary Jane Watson? I’m still not sure what the point of that was. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Is it really anymore egregious than giving Peter a love interest whose initials are MJ, without the character actually being named Mary Jane Watson? I’m still not sure what the point of that was. 

Agreed.  The other girl in Homecoming was great -- don't know why they didn't keep her around.  This "Plain Jane MJ" doesn't do anything for me.  But some would argue that we *still* haven't really seen a proper MJ in the films, either...  Dunst was a fine presence for the time, but Emma Stone's Gwen was great, she almost ages better (I mean the character and portrayal -- not the actresses!)  

Edited by Macleod

12 hours ago, Menor said:

Gwen is easily the best of the main 3 love interests to me. I also liked the more recent MJ but she isn't as developed as Gwen was. I hated Raimi's MJ, found her annoying and honestly wanted Peter to just dump her and find someone less manipulative.

Live action spider-Gwen 

Parks And Recreation Gimme GIF

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Menor said:

Gwen is easily the best of the main 3 love interests to me. I also liked the more recent MJ but she isn't as developed as Gwen was. I hated Raimi's MJ, found her annoying and honestly wanted Peter to just dump her and find someone less manipulative.

Raimi's MJ felt like a real human being, unlike this new MJ who we honestly know fuck all about

• Like 3

Zendaya MJ has all the potential to be a breakout if Sony stops making these films Spider-Man teams up with Marvel Superhero X flicks (or in FFH's case, Spidey mourning Tony Stark) and goes back to focusing on Spidey's supporting cast. Hopefully the fourth film utilizes the larger MCU concepts and characters sparingly and majorly sticks to Spider-Man's world.

29 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Zendaya MJ has all the potential to be a breakout if Sony stops making these films Spider-Man teams up with Marvel Superhero X flicks (or in FFH's case, Spidey mourning Tony Stark) and goes back to focusing on Spidey's supporting cast. Hopefully the fourth film utilizes the larger MCU concepts and characters sparingly and majorly sticks to Spider-Man's world.

Honestly I would be surprised if she returns after NWH but who knows?