kayumanggi

DHD Saturday (03.24): 50.0 M | THE HUNGER GAMES

BJs Breakdown:Twi-Turd Four (the last P.O.S. of the bunch, thank God)Midnights: 45mFri: 56mSat: 42m -58%Sun: 24m -42%Opening Wknd: 167m2nd Wknd: 46.5m -72%3rd Wknd: 13.8m -70%Domestic Total: 295mhands washed of the shit franchise

BD2 will not make more then 35m at midnight. It will be lucky to match BD1's numbers.

BD2 will not make more then 35m at midnight. It will be lucky to match BD1's numbers.

I see no reason why the opening wknd would not see a similar spike that DH2 got, the dip for BD1 mostly had to do with it being the first part of a two part movie, just like DH1, and obviously the twi-tards dont care about film quality. All I did was jacked up the opening day a bit because twi-tards are easily more rabid than a potter fan.

I see no reason why the opening wknd would not see a similar spike that DH2 got, the dip for BD1 mostly had to do with it being the first part of a two part movie, just like DH1, and obviously the twi-tards dont care about film quality. All I did was jacked up the opening day a bit because twi-tards are easily more rabid than a potter fan.

You haven't read Breaking Dawn have you? The fans of the series know it is the worst book out of the 4, particularly the second half. This is completely opposite of Deathly Hallows where the second half of the book is the better half.I repeat, BD2 will be lucky to gross as much BD1.

Even though I think this has a shot at the second weekend record, I'm not that insane even if Spider-Man adjusts to a near $100M second weekend.

The numbers speak for themselves, besides, I think spidey-1 will hold the 2nd wknd attendance record forever, there is nothing besides THG that could possibly be so huge right out he gate, and HG cannot hold that well because of the times.

The numbers speak for themselves, besides, I think spidey-1 will hold the 2nd wknd attendance record forever, there is nothing besides THG that could possibly be so huge right out he gate, and HG cannot hold that well because of the times.

It'll be beat one day by some December juggernaut

You haven't read Breaking Dawn have you? The fans of the series know it is the worst book out of the 4, particularly the second half. This is completely opposite of Deathly Hallows where the second half of the book is the better half.I repeat, BD2 will be lucky to gross as much BD1.

I've read that gargantuan steaming pile of shit, worst book eva. Only two twi-films I watched in or outside the theater was the first and third, will never watch New Moon or Breaking Dawn. BD has made me contemplate burning the series, pretty steep considering I am against book burning. But that changes nothing, the twi-tard base is rabid and retarded, they will return because they like to be tortured and sit through shitty films.

That's just outstanding.How can it beat some Potter and all the Twilight Movies? I think one of the answers is, that there was just not enough time to build an anti-hype. Everthing went just too fast, it was perfect timing in the end.

^^^ I agree with BJ. BD2 may very well top 300 million. Final installment of the series and a better boxoffice environment should help. Last fall was awful for all movies and everything suffered.As far as THG is concerned, I think it is time to take its tracking seriously. Based on the released numbers, it was only slightly behind TDK in overall interest and we know TDK did 533 million. It won't come near that number for a couple of reasons but 450 million is definitely a possibility now.

I don't enjoy any of the big franchises, Twilight, Potter, Pirates etc.But I loved Hunger Games. It was fantastic.So for once I'm happy with an OW like this because I loved the film.Woop woop.

glad to here ^_^ , the movie has this magnetizing affect, I wanna see it again.

^^^ I agree with BJ. BD2 may very well top 300 million. Final installment of the series and a better boxoffice environment should help. Last fall was awful for all movies and everything suffered.As far as THG is concerned, I think it is time to take its tracking seriously. Based on the released numbers, it was only slightly behind TDK in overall interest and we know TDK did 533 million. It won't come near that number for a couple of reasons but 450 million is definitely a possibility now.

Agreed on all points B)

Wow, are we seriously talking about 450 million now? That kind of number is unbelievable for the start of a new franchise. That would put it in the top five all time domestic wouldn't it?

Attendance wise, its right around Potter 1, FOTR, and well under SM1. The gross figure is high, but attendance wise is in line with major franchise openers.

Attendance wise, its right around Potter 1, FOTR, and well under SM1. The gross figure is high, but attendance wise is in line with major franchise openers.

Needs around 440m to overtake FOTR and Potter1, but to get over spidey it will need a TDKish run, 560m+ to reach 70m tickets sold.