7. A Thousand Words (DWorks/Par) Week 3 [1,787 Theaters] PG13-rated

Friday $525K, Saturday $915K, Weekend $1.9M, Cume $15.0M

8. October Baby (Provident/Goldwyn) NEW [398 Theaters] PG13-rated

Friday $595K, Saturday $665K, Weekend $1.8M

9. Safe House (Universal) Week 7 [1,330 Theaters] R-rated

Friday $392K, Saturday $710K, Weekend $1.5M, Cume $122.7M

10. Journey 2 (Warner Bros) Week 7 [1,340 Theaters] PG-rated

Friday $310K, Saturday $655K, Weekend $1.4M, Cume $97.2M

No, $350m (assuming a $155m opening weekend).

No. Potter 7 and Potter 8 both had a 2.68 multiplier without midnights. (381-43.5)/(169.1-43.5)=2.68. (295-24)/(125-24)=2.68.Assuming 155M OW, that's 135 without midnight (bigger than anything Potter's ever done). 135x2.68=361.8+20M=381.8. 382 with Potter legs. That's not going to happen. It'll hit 400M

Puerto Rico lol...That was legendary...Does not however reduce the fact just how big TF2 5-day was.In terms of tickets sold only TDK and ROTS 5-days were higher.Looking around in terms of tickets sold, from day 4 to like day 7 the biggest grossers were TDK, TF2, ROTS And Spiderman 2 and DMC.

Edited by Lordmandeep

Also did some future projections and I just realized this is likley going to be around 250 million by next sunday and I used a 60% drop on the 2nd weekend...If it does that then 375+ is certain.I think the final gross is a big unknown till next Sunday frankly.But that is the bar for now.

Edited by Lordmandeep

No. Potter 7 and Potter 8 both had a 2.68 multiplier without midnights.

You can't just take away midnights, they influence the rest of the run.Look at another example, Spiderman 3, it didn't even manage $340m with a similar opening (with better IM) and Memorial Day on its 4th weekend.Now, THG seems to have better WOM and it very well might hit $400m but i repeat, it's not guaranteed.

I've read that gargantuan steaming pile of shit, worst book eva. Only two twi-films I watched in or outside the theater was the first and third, will never watch New Moon or Breaking Dawn. BD has made me contemplate burning the series, pretty steep considering I am against book burning.But that changes nothing, the twi-tard base is rabid and retarded, they will return because they like to be tortured and sit through shitty films.

:lol: :lol: :lol:That said, you guys are forgetting that BD2 is facing stronger competition than BD1. Opening may be inflated thanks to "Thank Gosh it`s over" factor, but hold should be worse.

:lol: :lol: :lol:That said, you guys are forgetting that BD2 is facing stronger competition than BD1. Opening may be inflated thanks to "Thank Gosh it`s over" factor, but hold should be worse.

Opening will be inflated due to Taylor Lautner falling in love with a baby. Has to be seen to be believed

Spider Man 3 is a unique case.The film did amazing on the weekend but the film fell apart due to insane competition and having some of the worst WOM for a mega blockbuster in recent memory.Remember Spiderman 3 faced in todays dollars a Kids movie that opened to 138 million and Pirates opening to around 170 million 4-day.Thats huge...

You can't just take away midnights, they influence the rest of the run.Look at another example, Spiderman 3, it didn't even manage $340m with a similar opening (with better IM) and Memorial Day on its 4th weekend.Now, THG seems to have better WOM and it very well might hit $400m but i repeat, it's not guaranteed.

There's more than enough precedent to justify taking out midnights to do calculation. Most franchises have shown remarkable consistency in overall performance sans midnights, as well as OW performance sans midnight. If you don't believe it I can explain it further and provide enough evidence to the point where you buy into it.And in the DH2 to THG comparison, your statement only supports my point. DH2 had enormous midnights, and midnights make up a much smaller % of the OW for THG. That CLEARLY means this is less frontloaded, so again, I don't see why this would perform at same level as DH2, much less worse. Edited by spizzer

Spider Man 3 is a unique case.The film did amazing on the weekend but the film fell apart due to insane competition and having some of the worst WOM for a mega blockbuster in recent memory.Remember Spiderman 3 faced in todays dollars a Kids movie that opened to 138 million and Pirates opening to around 170 million 4-day.Thats huge...

Yeah, May 2007 was ridiculous and resulted in 3 huge openings with terrible legs. Didn't help that people didn't love any of the films, either

So frankly in comparison, the competition between Spiderman 3 and THG...imagine in 2 weeks a film opened to a 138 million and the weekend after a film opening to a 170-175 million 4-day.lolAdding in poor WOM, Spiderman 3 had no chance at getting good legs.