TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

On 1/30/2023 at 5:12 PM, MovieMan89 said:

I think the possibility that this one will underperform needs to be highly weighed. This has always been the least successful sub-franchise of MCU and Phase 4 on the whole killed a ton of the momentum for MCU. This is not Ant Man 2 days where MCU was riding the ultimate popularity snd goodwill high. I would not be shocked with an OW somewhere between the first and second’s OWs. WOM needs to be incredible I think for this to be any kind of breakout. 

Marvel doesn't need a box office smash right now, but they need a really good movie.

then of course if they can do both they are all happy

https://deadline.com/2023/02/2023-super-bowl-movie-trailers-the-flash-fast-x-transformers-ant-man-expected-1235247160/

Disney is always part of the pigskin show and expect no less this year as it’s poised to tout spots for Marvel Studios’ Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (February 17), Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (May 5), The Little Mermaid (May 26), Pixar’s Elemental (June 16) and possibly Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30) and Marvel Studios’ The Marvels (July 28). No spots for Disney+’s Secret Invasion are expected.

Already out there in the ether is the Heineken cross-branded Quantumania spot below, already at 26 million views on YouTube:

10 hours ago, thajdikt said:

Love this kinda of marketing

Yeah I got a kick out of that. It'll be good for a chuckle whenever the book is actually shown in the movie.

I'm happy for the cast and Peyton Reed here. They're probably stoked that their movie is the real centre of attention right now in Marvel circles, and not just because it's coming out soon. I'm seeing lots of discussion and speculation and excitement over the movie itself and how it sets up the future of the MCU.

• Like 2