CJohn

Weekend Estimates - THE HUNGER GAMES | 155M

But both went up with actuals

That's because their Sundays were underestimated. TDK's Sunday went up by $4m, but the weekend only went up by $3m because Friday was overestimated by $1m. Was $68m on Sunday morning and ended up at $67m actual. Same thing with Potter, which was $92m and dropped to $91m with the actual.

Much better than small. Sunday projection was pretty conservative. We haven't heard from Nikki tonight, which is odd. When TDK's Sunday overperformed, she did an update around 8 PM Pacific saying it was headed for well over $40m.

:oIf THG beats TDK's OW, DOM is it gonna be a bigger franchise than HP? I mean the first goddamn film opened to 150m+, and unlike Twilight that people love to compare with, THG actually has great reviews which is the same for HP1. Holy crap what the sequel could do if the quality holds up? 180m OW and 450m? :blink:

It's not out of the realm of possbility. We're all thinking it's in store for an increase. Question is how much?

It's kept pace most of the day so I don't think a 3.4 million increase is out of the question.In other news the downtown theatre is down to one unsoldout show now. 10:05pm sold out.

:oIf THG beats TDK's OW, DOM is it gonna be a bigger franchise than HP? I mean the first goddamn film opened to 150m+, and unlike Twilight that people love to compare with, THG actually has great reviews which is the same for HP1. Holy crap what the sequel could do if the quality holds up? 180m OW and 450m? :blink:

$450m isn't even out of the question for THG now.

This is getting ridiculous. Absolutely stoked for it, very deserving. Haven't seen the film yet but I trust the opinions of people on this site and it looks like they did a good job.155m. Holy cannoli. 400m seems very possible.

It's kept pace most of the day so I don't think a 3.4 million increase is out of the question.In other news the downtown theatre is down to one unsoldout show now. 10:05pm sold out.

Yeah the theater I saw it at today was extremely crowded. My 2:40 probably had 99% capacity, pretty sure that's considered a sell out. A group of people decided to sit on the stairs because there weren't enough seats in a row to sit together. The theater even looked busier as we were leaving. Probably a few more sellouts or close to it.

That's because their Sundays were underestimated. TDK's Sunday went up by $4m, but the weekend only went up by $3m because Friday was overestimated by $1m. Was $68m on Sunday morning and ended up at $67m actual. Same thing with Potter, which was $92m and dropped to $91m with the actual.

I think The Dark Knight was actually at $67.5m before dropping down to $67.2m. It was also estimated at $66.4m on Saturday lol. Obviously someone at WB was using their batman earnings on dope.

$450m isn't even out of the question for THG now.

Agree. As far as the franchise question, isn't this one only going to have three movies? Potter had 8. THG definitely has the potential to make more money (domestic) per film, but beating the 8-film total for the HP franchise is pretty much impossible with only 3 movies.

I just woke up from a wonderful nap!Here is my update for how we did today:Midnights - 1201Friday - 1984Saturday - 2928Sunday - 1813 as of 6:00pmWe easily passed Friday's attendance. When I get to work in the morning, I'll get the final numbers.