TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

1 minute ago, Flopped said:

Is WB even marketing this movie? I've seen nothing other than the trailer. And they went to Venice. 

Actually, most movies don't get much marketing except for the trailers until a few weeks from opening.

I also think they though the sequel to "Joker" did not need much marketing except letting people know where to buy tickets.

And they were hoping for a great reception at Venice to fuel the big final push.

Now who Knows?

13 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

I doubt she cares lol. 

She have the biggest hit of the year so far, she´s about to drop another track right after Joker release. She´s clearly focused on her musical career. 

From all the infos that she´s barely relevant to the movie, she´s probably right to just let it be and release her songs.

How is that song the "biggest hit of the year"? Not by any actual metric. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

They had a giant promo at Time Square in NYC. And paintings in South Korea, at least that's what I saw.

I repeat, most movies do not get massive marketing outside the trailers unitl the last few weeks before the film opens.

2 minutes ago, Opium said:

Not sure where the rumor of her pregancy is coming from since it's not reported anywhere but here, people should actually posts info-news coming from reliable sources instead of speculations about a woman pregnancy.

And it has nothing to do with box office of the film either lol.

On the subject, the trailer for this has played before every film since May.

2 hours ago, Avatree said:

How is that song the "biggest hit of the year"? Not by any actual metric. 

Well it’s on top of Spotify, YouTube etc for 3 weeks and honestly it’s far ahead of anything else so it’s probably staying on top for many more weeks 

It’s definitely shaping up to be the biggest one, and i mean globally. 

Edited by ThomasNicole

15 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

I doubt she cares lol. 

She have the biggest hit of the year so far, she´s about to drop another track right after Joker release. She´s clearly focused on her musical career. 

From all the infos that she´s barely relevant to the movie, she´s probably right to just let it be and release her songs.

She definitely cares lol. She wants an Oscar BAD. Playing Harley Quinn in a Joker sequel should’ve been an easy way to do that.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

Oscar for acting

If she ever expected an Oscar for acting from this movie seems unlikely anymore, it's looking increasingly likely to be gone by the time Thanksgiving arrives and I doubt she'll even bother to campaign for it. She'll do some press for this at least, but more likely is prioritizing the promotion of her new album (unrelated to this movie) since that's her creation, whereas here she's just a featured player.

Though we probably don't need a crystal ball to know that she's going to do more publicity for this than Phoenix will, who has rarely been a fan of press tours but will likely opt to keep a low profile for a while following the unflattering professional headlines (and a potential lawsuit he's facing) he's enjoyed recently.