TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

DOM is opening ~15% of the first movie's total, whereas OS is opening ~10% of the first movie's total

This movie is more DOM heavy than the last one.

Also I think Jat is going a little bit high with that $50M prediction. That $7M+ includes early shows, let's just say $7.5M overall and $6.5M pure previews. From there, a 6.5x IM (WOM is terrible) gets it to $42.25M and then adding in the $1M from previews gets it to $43.25M.

A 1.9 multiplier (yes) puts it at a $82.175M DOM total.

Edited by HummingLemon496

1 hour ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

"Cluster of Super fans"

You mean bunch on online dwelling nerds who have less than zero understanding of ground realities and most of them would rather argue how Ant Man Quantamania Post Credit scene was great cinematic accomplishment because "IT HAPPENED IN THE COMICS TOO"

They are the most dangerous people on Earth: Amateurs who think they are Professionals.

"audienceTitle":"Popcornmeter","audienceVerified":{"certifiedFresh":"none","bandedRatingCount":"250+ Verified Ratings","likedCount":145,"notLikedCount":184,

The early popcornmeter was 44% (329 verified reviews), which is lower than same period of borderlands & megalopolis.

the dark knight joker GIF

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

When will WB lift that popcorn meter to the public

The scene in Dark Knight where the Joker ignites a huge pile of money seems really appropriate here.

Maybe the Warners stockholders will send a message to Zaslev.

1 hour ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

"Cluster of Super fans"

You mean bunch on online dwelling nerds who have less than zero understanding of ground realities and most of them would rather argue how Ant Man Quantamania Post Credit scene was great cinematic accomplishment because "IT HAPPENED IN THE COMICS TOO"

Issue is there a middle ground

Many comic book movies crash and burn by pissing off casual fans by making uninteresting storylines and shitty movies mostly. 

Does Warners have any other potential blockbusters coming out this year?

I know they got the lOTR Animated movie, but that has box office dissapointment written all over it.

Sad thing for WB is the huge losses they suffered with their Streming.TV division will eat up all the profits they  make wiht the film division. Even if they had a couple more hits that would have happened.

1 minute ago, Torontofan said:

Issue is there a middle ground

Many comic book movies crash and burn by pissing off casual fans by making uninteresting storylines and shitty movies mostly. 

Nah, it just that most of the ideas i see by the Hardcore COmic fans for the movies are incredibly convluluted and would never appeal to the GA.

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Nah, it just that most of the ideas i see by the Hardcore COmic fans for the movies are incredibly convluluted and would never appeal to the GA.

true i seen some season 8 GOT rewrites that were worse then the actual show lol

how is that even possible lol 

13 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

I just realized something amazing

This means that @Mulder was completely correct when he said in November (11 months ago) that Joker 2 would have a Marvels level drop off:

His comment got zero likes, whereas the comment from @Bob Train insisting it would be massive got 8 likes:

In this thread, this was one of the responses to @Mulder's comment:

Why would it? This post makes no sense lol - there’s an ocean of difference between a sequel to a captain marvel movie no one ever gave a shit about and a sequel to an oscar nominated cultural monster which now has Lady Gaga

Prime r/agedlikemilk content

Edited by HummingLemon496

5 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

true i seen some season 8 GOT rewrites that were worse then the actual show lol

how is that even possible lol 

My GOT question is if Martin will ever get around to actually fnishing the books?

• Haha 1