TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

On 7/13/2024 at 2:55 AM, BigBoxOfficeBucks said:

But they won't win the Golden Lion award again in the Venice film festival. But I guess they already accept this cruel reality.  

They don’t really need to win the top prize again

Gaga or Joaquin can win the Volpi cup if it’s good as some people said 

Todd can also win director if no one wins the acting prizes 

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 1

On 7/12/2024 at 4:52 PM, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Why are we talking about Taylor Swift?

28a82129a64e6a74fce42c163a574d06.gif

Some Swifties invaded the thread. Obvious.

Edited by dudalb

On 7/13/2024 at 2:41 PM, WittyUsername said:

Is every CBM this year going to have their threads derailed into a Taylor Swift discussion at some point? 

The Swifties will sure as hell try.

• Like 2

On 7/13/2024 at 5:22 AM, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Why are we talking about Taylor Swift?

28a82129a64e6a74fce42c163a574d06.gif

I guess for a Little Monster, opening a Folie a Deux thread to find Taylor Swift discussion inside is the message board equivalent of opening this box

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9520htvw4y5t8gz7bnm74

• Haha 3

On 7/12/2024 at 5:34 PM, emoviefan said:

To change the subject....  I assume the second trailer will  drop in the next two  weeks to go in front of most likely DP and W.

I called it. It makes sense. Unless they hold it for the Trap the following week.

On 7/14/2024 at 9:38 PM, ThomasNicole said:

They don’t really need to win the top prize again

Gaga or Joaquin can win the Volpi cup if it’s good as some people said 

Todd can also win director if no one wins the acting prizes 

I am sorry to disappoint you. They are not winning anything this time. It is rare for Venice Film festival to give out awards to a sequel. Let alone a superhero movie. 

12 minutes ago, BigBoxOfficeBucks said:

I am sorry to disappoint you. They are not winning anything this time. It is rare for Venice Film festival to give out awards to a sequel. Let alone a superhero movie. 

I am sorry to disappoint you, but these stats don’t mean anything when it comes to festivals because they’re decided by specific juries, not members. 

Want a proof? Historically sequels also doesn’t even enter in competition, so it would be easy to assume it won’t this time, but it will compete.

I would bet in some win? Not really. I would say with certain that it won’t win anything? Nah. 

Especially if it’s a weak year for them, like Cannes.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 2

It's really dependent on the jury and the jury they got this year is a bit of a tough crowd (more anti-suprrhero) compared to 2019. James Gray especially I could see being big opponent to Joker winning anything

Edited by lorddemaxus

19 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

It's really dependent on the jury and the jury they got this year is a bit of a tough crowd (more anti-suprrhero) compared to 2019. James Gray especially I could see being big opponent to Joker winning anything

Good thing they're going to trot out Todd Phillips in all his genre shame glory talking about how the Joker films are the antithesis of superhero movies

• Like 1