TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

51 minutes ago, WebSurfer said:

Batman shows up during a dance scene and shows him how it’s done. 
adam west dance GIF

End of conversation…

We really need this Batman back. The gothic and grimdark era has gone on long enough.

There will never be batman in Todd's jokerverse. There might be Bruce Wayne and they could fight in a non-action way (rich vs poor) but batman is a stupid idea in this universe. Even then I doubt Todd would even want to do this, it will be a drama heavy film instead of character study film like Joker is. Joker 2 in some way is still a character study, adding a class fight in it would derail the direction they go for.

3 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

I knew it wouldn't be as polarizing as some folks insisted it would be but I still thought there would be a 75:25 Like/Dislike ratio. 

But THIS? Is insane. 

Really? I thought the trailer was too good to have 25% dislikes.

5 hours ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

Ooh, control it.

Yeah, people have been annoying over it on social media, but I cannot lie. Seems to have been really well received.

Ngl some of these Little Monsters are SPICY. Someone tried to shade Gaga on Twitter by saying Margot remained untouched so one of LG's minions promptly replied saying the only thing untouched were the Birds of Prey tickets 😭😭 The original account ended up deleting their tweet

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Haha 5

13 hours ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Isn't that an estimate on dislikes?  I seem to recall that we peons don't actually know what the actual like/dislike ratio is anymore.

Not saying it isn't popular.  Am saying we don't actually know to that level of precision.

• Like 2

Just now, Porthos said:

Isn't that an estimate on dislikes?  I seem to recall that we peons don't actually know what the actual like/dislike ratio is anymore.

Not saying it isn't popular.  Am saying we don't actually know to that level of precision.

I'm assuming its the YouTube Dislike Extension, which uses the like/dislike ratio of extension users to estimate what the actual like/dislike ratio is (although I've heard it's not accurate).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

I'm assuming its the YouTube Dislike Extension, which uses the like/dislike ratio of extension users to estimate what the actual like/dislike ratio is (although I've heard it's not accurate).

That's what I presumed as well.  Perhaps useful as a range, but the very fact that it's self-selected from folks who install the extension injects problems, though perhaps just adding another layer of problems since the very concept of like:dislike is based on self-selected behavior in the first place.

Perhaps best as a yardstick against similar projects.  But then we comes to the bugaboo about just what is a similar project to this.

In the end?  In the end the trailer is very popular and well-liked.  Determining how well liked is... probably a bit of a waste of time.

11 minutes ago, Porthos said:

That's what I presumed as well.  Perhaps useful as a range, but the very fact that it's self-selected from folks who install the extension injects problems, though perhaps just adding another layer of problems since the very concept of like:dislike is based on self-selected behavior in the first place.

Perhaps best as a yardstick against similar projects.  But then we comes to the bugaboo about just what is a similar project to this.

In the end?  In the end the trailer is very popular and well-liked.  Determining how well liked is... probably a bit of a waste of time.

I’m inclined to think the estimates are accurate based on all the online reactions I’m seeing. I’ve only seen a couple negative reactions in a sea of positive ones. 

5 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Ngl some of these Little Monsters are SPICY. Someone tried to shade Gaga on Twitter by saying Margot remained untouched so one of LG's minions promptly replied saying the only thing untouched were the Birds of Prey tickets 😭😭 The original account ended up deleting their tweet

That user is someone I know and follow, LMAO.

They're not wrong though! Gags will NEVER touch Margot. Not you...I thought YOU of all people were better than this.

25 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

That user is someone I know and follow, LMAO.

They're not wrong though! Gags will NEVER touch Margot. Not you...I thought YOU of all people were better than this.

Gaga isn’t trying to touch Margot. This version of Harley is a totally different take on the character. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Noctis said:

I'm hoping this breaks the OW record for Warner Bros.

I would love for that to happen. Rn the record is to beat deathly hallows part 2’s 169 million. Over or/under?