Daxtreme

Disney+ MCU: Wandavision | January 15, 2021 | UNTAGGED SPOILERS ALLOWED! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

6 hours ago, WandaLegion said:

Episode ratings on IMDb:

9.2 (still developing but decent sample size now)   

Seems like the people who wanted more plot or action or whatever from the first episodes are starting to be satisfied.

As I said increasing trend. Let's see if it goes all the way to final episode getting 9.9

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Daxtreme said:

As IMDb is hugely skewing male, I'm gonna say it:

Bunch of manchildren

IMDB

Age Male - Female

<18 : 8.8 - 6.5

18-29: 8.2 - 8.4

30-44: 7.2 - 8.1

45+: 6.2 - 7.2

Best demo is Male under 18. Worst is Male over 45.

Generally looking Female under 18 is best Demo by rating for MCU. Lets see what happen when sample increases.

9 hours ago, jatvision said:

I am not opening this, but if these really are spoilers, please don't post those. Spoiler tag we are generally using for something that has been officially streamed, or released. Don't mix them.

I know the rules.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jatvision said:

IMDB

Age Male - Female

Generally looking Female under 18 is best Demo by rating for MCU. Lets see what happen when sample increases.

I think you meant worst are female below 18. 

1 hour ago, WandaLegion said:

I actually don’t, lol.   

I mean I know what they are for big movies, but not sure about shows. I would have thought that leaks were fine as long as they were tagged.

I talked with one of the mods, and while leaks under spoiler tags aren't against our code, it's generally not good etiquette to talk about this stuff. We really only allow discussion of official material in the run-up towards release, meaning promos, press releases, interviews, etc. This is stuff from the horse's mouth, and is basically stuff that the company is okay with sharing/spoiling. And with leaks, this isn't stuff companies want out there, and we think it's important to respect that.

And for TV shows, this is made even worse. People are spoiler tagging stuff that happened in the newest episode because it's not cool for others who just want to hear general thoughts to have spoilers out in the open. And tagging leaks just confuses things further. If you just saw the newest WandaVision, and wanted to read what people thought about the new twist/arc, clicked the spoiler tag, and ended up reading about what happens in an episode that didn't come out yet...yeah, that really sucks, and is unfair.

So long story short, there's no rule that says you can't talk about leaks in spoiler tags, but it's better to just not be a dick and keep it away from here, because it's unfair to many others. Hope this isn't confusing!

• Like 6

Overall show rating up to 7.7 on Imdb. If the payoffs are satisfying then this should easily clear 8 when all is said and done. Not Mando-level reception, but will be a solid start to the D+ MCU era, especially since FATWS looks to be more friendly to casual audiences. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Menor said:

Overall show rating up to 7.7 on Imdb. If the payoffs are satisfying then this should easily clear 8 when all is said and done. Not Mando-level reception, but will be a solid start to the D+ MCU era, especially since FATWS looks to be more friendly to casual audiences. 

The overall show rating will be pretty useless imo. Despite ticking up a bit, it’s heavily weighted down by the first 2-3 eps when that won’t really reflect how people feel about the show overall. Avg of eps 4-9mor something is probably a better picture. Or median episode rating, or interquartile mean, or whatever.

25 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

The overall show rating will be pretty useless imo. Despite ticking up a bit, it’s heavily weighted down by the first 2-3 eps when that won’t really reflect how people feel about the show overall. Avg of eps 4-9mor something is probably a better picture. Or median episode rating, or interquartile mean, or whatever.

I would say that reflects viewer experience, though, because people often make decisions about whether to keep going based on the early episodes. 

55 minutes ago, Menor said:

I would say that reflects viewer experience, though, because people often make decisions about whether to keep going based on the early episodes. 

Depends what you want to measure I guess. But I would say, if you want to know about the viewer experience of the first couple episodes, the ratings of the first couple episodes do a good job of that. If you want to know about the viewer experience of the whole season/show, the whole season rating does not do a good job of that, because it’s skewed to the first couple episodes.    

This is a more general issue with IMDb for shows (and other review sites like letterboxd, rotten tomatoes, etc) that mirrors the issue with the RT critic score, where the season score is really more of a “first couple episodes” score.     

If the first couple eps are close to the season avg, as they usually are, then the discrepancy doesn’t really matter. But if they’re way below (or way above) then the season score just doesn’t give you a good idea of how the season was actually received.  I think the IQM actually does a good job of solving that for any show. On the other hand, functionally, the finale is often what sticks in people’s mind and colors their impressions of their whole thing the most. So maybe some blend of a truncated mean and the peak-end rule would give the best overall idea 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

On 1/30/2021 at 11:07 AM, jatvision said:

IMDB

Age Male - Female

Sorry for the late reply but Charlie you are forgetting one huge thing here. 

My point is that Manchildren are review-bombing this. You just picked an incomplete set of data. Here's the complete data:

aqYqXl8.jpg

u6AybgC.jpg

gOD3pDX.jpg

As you can see, not only do Men outnumber Women more than 5 to 1, look at their proportion of 1/10, 2/10, 3/10 votes compared to women.

It's not even remotely close. Men are review-bombing this, not women. Well, more like... "men" if you can call them men

Like I said, bunch of manchildren

Edited by Daxtreme
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, WandaLegion said:

Episode rating are supposed to be more fan heavy as casual voting is more for general title than episodes.

1 hour ago, Daxtreme said:

you are forgetting one huge thing here. 

Yeah ofc, but that seems like regular review bombing which every Marvel/DC title get, mostly from opposite fanbases I suppose. 

Movies usually have bigger voting sample faster, here its being slower. 1K votes isn't really a big thing, will be neutralised soon by more general audience votes.

10 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

Anyone recognize or have an idea what the symbol is on the Darcy's shirt in the top TV screen? 

OMG , potential spoiler my theory 

Spoiler

What if she also goes inside the sitcom ?

also she seems little bit shady when she didn't tell Jimmy what happened with radio etcc , she just said nothing hmmm

Edited by Madhuvan

4 hours ago, jatvision said:

Yeah ofc, but that seems like regular review bombing which every Marvel/DC title get, mostly from opposite fanbases I suppose. 

Movies usually have bigger voting sample faster, here its being slower. 1K votes isn't really a big thing, will be neutralised soon by more general audience votes.

seems stronger than the average

Even much by too many males hated Captain Marvel ‘only’ has 6.9% 1-star reviews overall, over 45+y old males show nearly 1% less (0.9%) = 9% out of them

In a (slightly unfair) comparison, Endgame got 2.5% split of 1-stars over all, the over 45y old males had a 3.6% part in their age group

WandaVision now 8.4% overall 1-stars, if you look at the 45+ males details, now at 15% o1-stars within that group

• Like 2