Eric is Quiet

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

56 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

There are people who think that Blades gonna cameo in Deadpool 3 and like 

Why would anyone from the Trinity cast work with Snipes again when they probably all hate him 

Because Trinity was a shit-show from the jump and we know Reynolds has a sense of humor about GL and Origins.

• Sad 1

Moderation

@ChipDerby Enough. Your whole "MCU IS AMAZING AND EVERYBODY LOVES IT AND YOU'RE ALL OUT TO GET IT" schtick you're doing isn't funny. Throwing a temper tantrum on people daring to be pessimistic over a dumb kids movie, and blatantly ignoring the facts and evidence because you don't want a dumb kids movie to bomb isn't helping anybody. Stop this fanboy nonsense, or you will see a threadban. Your choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

There are many reasons GOTG3 opened lower. The massive wait between films, it directly followed a bad MCU film, and it looked much darker. It was the reviews that drove up the OW (as it recovered massively in presales closer to OW) and the word of mouth that drove the multiplier.

I mean, sure, all these were factors. But I still think Quantumania's quality was kind of the straw that broke the camel's back in a series of divisive (and sheer overwhelming amount of) projects that have drained the brand's momentum (especially when compared to when Vol. 2 and Captain Marvel were coming out). They need to build that back up with a new winning streak. This is why getting good buzz is important in building hype for these now more than it was say last year or even in the very beginning of this one. Even with great buzz, Guardians 3 had a MCU record drop in opening weekend compared to its predecessor and the only other ones to decrease instead of increase were sequels to massive overperformers.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Eric the Creator said:

Moderation

@ChipDerby Enough. Your whole "MCU IS AMAZING AND EVERYBODY LOVES IT AND YOU'RE ALL OUT TO GET IT" schtick you're doing isn't funny. Throwing a temper tantrum on people daring to be pessimistic over a dumb kids movie, and blatantly ignoring the facts and evidence because you don't want a dumb kids movie to bomb isn't helping anybody. Stop this fanboy nonsense, or you will see a threadban. Your choice.

Please show me one post where I said that. I'm begging you. Please show me one post where I used any personal feelings at all instead of facts and figures.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Eric the Creator said:

Moderation

@ChipDerby has been threadbanned for 24 hours for continuing to start fights and arguments I asked him to stop and continuing their schtick. I didn't want to have to do this, but I was left with no other choice.

I implore you, God Empire King @Eric the Creator. Please reinstate the FanBoy Wars Thread. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

It certainly would keep this thread from derailing too much. Why was it closed anyway?

Because it offered nothing of value to the forums. It was an instigator for flame wars, it was a beacon for trolls, and because of the way the thread was devised, it basically meant people could mock and troll and insult others with little to no repercussions. This is why we had to remove that thread and be a lot harsher when it comes to fanboy war nonsense. And frankly, there's no reason to bring it back when most agreed it just made the forum unbearable and seep it into discussion. We've been fine without it for three years, and there's no need to start this again. You can read more into why here: 

As for derailments, nothing has really been derailed here? Talking about the state of the MCU as a franchise in a thread dedicated to an MCU movie is more than fair game and fits with the context of these threads. These kinds of posts have been done before in other MCU movie threads and it was almost always on-topic, barring a random TV show tangent. Maybe some people may find it annoying, but everybody who posts here is old enough to have self control and either ignore or just simply not post such content.

And hey, if people prefer this being away from The Marvels specifically, we have a general Marvel subforum in the Clubs section people can utilize. Nobody uses it, but the option is still there.

2 hours ago, Eric the Creator said:

Moderation

@ChipDerby has been threadbanned for 24 hours for continuing to start fights and arguments I asked him to stop and continuing their schtick. I didn't want to have to do this, but I was left with no other choice.

What? He didn't violate any rules after your warning. All he did was post an objective chart analysis on Cinemascore and multipliers 

4 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

It alongside posttrak are the most reliable metrics for gauging Audience.

and the massive advantage over posttrak is that they actually post final ratings,. Shazam 2's release revealed that Shazam 1 had a pretty poor  "% positive" on posttrak which public reports simply omitted in favor of just showing the "4 stars out of 5" rating it gained at some point during the film's Opening weekend. 

But all of these audience metrics are roughly correlated with each other. None are amazing leg predictors but there's real signal. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Don't trust china after all 9.5+ moayan Hollywood  movies barely making a dent at Chinese box office . 

China is just giving up on Hollywood and china -US political relationship being on  shaky grounds is not helping things either.

30-80m .

I just hope Disney did not make an concessions to Xi and the CCP for the release of the movie. Tired of hollywood kissing Xi''s butt.

And yeah, you bet I don't like the current Chinese Regime very much. I am wiered, I have this basic dislike of agressive, authoratrian dictatorships.

3 hours ago, The GOAT said:

I implore you, God Empire King @Eric the Creator. Please reinstate the FanBoy Wars Thread. 

Worth a try, but it did not work last time. The fanboys still kept up their fight in other threads.

TO be fair, I don't think it is a "Marvel Fanboy" issue here, but a "CBM Fanboy" issue; with a fan who just does not want to admit that the days when CBM's had total box office dominance are over. Fatigue has definently set in.

37 minutes ago, Mr Terrific said:

What are you basing pre-OW phenomenal WOM on?

Word of mouth can spread during the opening weekend (opening weekend is basically 4 days at this point). That's why Guardians opened higher than Ant-Man ($118m vs $106m) despite starting off with the same Thursday previews number of $17.5M. 

• Like 1