Eric Prime

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

7 minutes ago, Sckathian said:

I think this is like Major getting a lot of praise for Ant Man. Its just the only nice thing they have to say about the film.

Not really though. It's just the most common one across everything, but the general reception, so far, is that it's a messy fun romp.

12 minutes ago, Sckathian said:

I think this is like Major getting a lot of praise for Ant Man. Its just the only nice thing they have to say about the film.

I think its interesting the rage Majors depicts in Ant 3 and Creed 3 is likely how he acts like in real life.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Not really though. It's just the most common one across everything, but the general reception, so far, is that it's a messy fun romp.

Should be interesting if messy fun romp ends up around the lower 40s or higher 60s on RT. Will critics be generous with their scores?

4 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Should be interesting if messy fun romp ends up around the lower 40s or higher 60s on RT. Will critics be generous with their scores?

Well I can only go off of what I've seen so far, not hypothetical ones, but from what I've seen the critics that usually follow the bellwether of critical consensus are mostly positive.

18 minutes ago, Sckathian said:

Are we honestly already at the stage where any criticism is due to racism/sexism? The issue is the character she plays not breaking through to bigger audiences.

Yeah for real.

Super pathetic.

They spent probably like $600M promoting the character in media and she does not have a success to her name. Multiple cancelled comic series, flop $200M show, flop $200M movie, flop AAA game.

So she should probably be relegated to supporting roles going forward.

But no totally.

The criticism is totally just cause she’s Pakistani. 🙄

Edited by Valencia
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, Marathon said:

So, 4 splats vs 1 intact red tomato. Not exactly an encouraging ratio to start with.

Those are just the ones that broke the embargo earlier. I would assume that the blogger reviewers would wait until right about now to post them. 

Just now, trancedanne said:

Much is at stake here, will Marvel continue the Nickelodeon kid friendly movies and tv shows or will they stop will this bullshit?

I mean they have 5 r rated projects in development but I don't think "never making Pg-13 movies" was ever something at stake.