Eric the Minion

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

2 hours ago, SaltyPistola said:

If this is true why Sydney 😭 Melbourne is superior in every way 

Honestly i think they abandoned social media reactions in favor of an aggressively tuned, targeted ad campaign based on data mining. There was a random spike in sales in Sacramento the other day. What are the demographics of Sydney like vs melbourne?

4 hours ago, SaltyPistola said:

Can you tell us about the two post credits scenes? I really don't believe you've seen the film. 

I only saw the one where Rogue puts Captain Marvel in a comma to roaring cheers from the crowd. I high fived someone and left the theater after that, so I may have missed the other one.

• Haha 4

So I've heard that quorum isn't a very good thing to base tracking on,  but i looked into what it is anyway.  Two things that i think are interesting is that they ask

1) would you rather see the movie in theaters or at home and

2) would you pay to see it or only watch it for free

I haven't seen anyone acknowledge that for both of those questions,  the marvels is trending more in line with Quantumania, the flash,  and dial of destiny than it is wakanda forever and guardians 3

Both are only asked to people who express interest in the movie.  Which is also closer to the three disappointments

Edited by boxoff53
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

Separate from your final conclusions, does it actually capture the feel of a big, wacky, silver age space-adventure? That's what the director was talking about (without the phrase silver age) as the core selling point but that's not the sense I'm getting from that. 

other than the baby flerkins scene and i guess the "singing planet" sequence (Aladna) it really wasn't. It shouldve either gone whackier (like Ant-Man or She Hulk) or played it more serious (like GotG 3 or Doctor Strange 2) or hell, just do what they did with the first Captain Marvel. Unfortunately its just kind of tame in every area.

12 hours ago, SaltyPistola said:

Can you tell us about the two post credits scenes? I really don't believe you've seen the film. 

i dont really care if you believe whether or not ive seen the film, as it doesnt change the fact that i have in fact seen it. We only got one mid credit scene (the movie was WIP so no credits after that,) 

Spoiler

the end of the movie is revealed that Kamala has been narrating the story to Kate Bishop and she recounts Fury's spiel from the end of Iron Man (you're a part of a greater universe, you just dont know it yet ... which is dumb because obviously Kate Bishop does know)

the "mid-credit" scene was Monica waking up in a high-tech-looking hospital with her mother Maria, alive, wearing a white and red Captain MArvel suit with the gold "S" down the front, cut to black

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

On 10/24/2023 at 8:10 AM, TwoMisfits said:

They don't...which is a really weird thing.  It seems that Disney decided Tony Stark's death, as the funder and leader of the Avengers from Civil War onward, would just kill the Avengers team...so it doesn't exist after its biggest win for the universe.  Just poof, like the blip.

Erm…wasn’t there dialogue in one of these movies where Spidey asks Nick Fury to call Thor or Captain Marvel(maybe it was Strange?) and he’s like they’re busy. Also the scene at the end of Shang Chi seemed to imply there was some sort of team or organization still going on between avengers in seperate locations but after that it’s been radio silence on the Avenger front if I’m not mistaken. Not having the new characters cross over with each other more has been a huge mistake. Off the top of my head, the last one we saw was Yelena interacting with Kate Bishop in the Hawkeye series.

10 hours ago, JustLurking said:

I have absolutely no reason to consider a post made by a literal random with no proof provided seriously. If it was one of the people who do regularly get access to early screenings on the site, sure, but that is not the case.

ive actually attended many many pre-screenings for movies. This year I saw The Marvels, Alex Garland's Civil War, Poor Things and Exorcist Believer months before their release dates.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shindaya said:

ive actually attended many many pre-screenings for movies. This year I saw The Marvels, Alex Garland's Civil War, Poor Things and Exorcist Believer months before their release dates.

That's cool but unless you provide proof I'm not just going to believe a literal newly created account. If it turns out to be true I suppose you will be vindicated.

1 minute ago, JustLurking said:

That's cool but unless you provide proof I'm not just going to believe a literal newly created account. If it turns out to be true I suppose you will be vindicated.

how am i supposed to provide proof? They generally take your phones up during these things.....

So, does the movie ( aka The Marvels ) even have a director, writer? I mean, where are they? Better yet, where is Kevin Feige?

Why isn't the director talking about the movie? Why isn't the writer talking about it? Where's Kevin Feige to hype it? Do they even know their movie is getting released in basically 2 weeks? Where are the interviews with them? Where are the other producers?

Bad movie or not, at least they can and they should be talking about it. Yeah, there's a strike going on, but directors, writers and Feige aren't part of that strike. What the hell is going on?

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, does the movie ( aka The Marvels ) even have a director, writer? I mean, where are them? Better yet, where is Kevin Feige?

Why isn't the director talking about the movie? Why isn't the writer talking about it? Where's Kevin Feige to hype it? Do they even know their movie is getting released in basically 2 weeks? Where are the interviews with them? Where are the other producers?

Bad movie or not, at least they can and they should be talking about it. Yeah, there's a strike going on, but directors, writers and Feige aren't part of that strike. What the hell is going on?

They are waving the white flag. If they really thought it was worth saving, they would have delayed it to May of next year so that actors could promote it. But they didn't think cast promotion would be worth it, as they knew they were sitting on a dud.

Instead, 2024 will be the first year without a Marvel movie to kick off Summer in a very long time (unless Madame Web gets delayed to May, but that is not doing much either tbh).

There is no point getting Feige, DaCosta to promote it because it's screwed either way.

• Like 1

To be fair, I dunno how much good DaCosta being out to promote it would do. She's obviously not Cameron, Nolan or even Raimi - who even on an MCU project, still attracts interest on his own. And considering the mess after the interview where she said it's not really her movie (regardless of how accurate that is, what the context was etc), there might even be apprehension of it making things worse.

At this point, it does seem like they've sort of given up on any promotion outside posters, billboards and clips/trailers. The issue is all of these have bene uninspired at best. It really is just the MCU brand that's a selling point. 

14 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

They are waving the white flag. If they really thought it was worth saving, they would have delayed it to May of next year so that actors could promote it. But they didn't think cast promotion would be worth it, as they knew they were sitting on a dud.

Instead, 2024 will be the first year without a Marvel movie to kick off Summer in a very long time (unless Madame Web gets delayed to May, but that is not doing much either tbh).

There is no point getting Feige, DaCosta to promote it because it's screwed either way.

Nah they’ll just move Cap4 back to that date. It already finished filming this year.

So this is on a somewhat unrelated note, I remember that some Twitter insiders were saying that the ADR was never finished for the marvels before the strike began so I started wondering if it was possible for Disney to do the ADR with AI? You can use AI to make perfect mimicks of people’s voices and it probably wouldn’t even be noticeable. Does anyone else think it’s possible? After all they already used AI to make a opening credits sequence for Secret Invasion.

• Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

...two years ago?

I'm not counting COVID years, obviously. Doctor Strange 2 was originally scheduled to be released in May 2021, Black Widow in May 2020. 

2024 is gonna be the first year since 2006 without a Marvel movie kicking off the Summer.

If they thought Marvels would have been a great WOM, hyped up movie, they would have pushed it back to May 2024 so they could actually promote it fully.

The fact that they didn't shows they are waving the white flag and getting it over with as soon as possible.

• Like 1