Totem

Monday Numbers - THG 11M

Decent number, but the phenomenal weekend didn't quite spill over into the week as much as some may have hoped.

Seriously, check the March data, this is an EPIC hold.

BOMojo Single Day Monday chart shows that the highest non-holiday non-summer monday was $11.6 million by Avatar in the middle of January. Highest March Mondays is $10.1 mil by Passion of the Christ. Not too shabby, though, indeed, it would have been nice to see the phenomenon spill over.

Two more figures matter for this films coming wknd2 explosion, Wednesday, andFriday, as Monday has already delivered. 11m+ was more than i could have ever estimated, the hold is better than any I have ever estimated, and I believe that will translate well throughout the rest of the week.

Who ever thought this would have a 3* multiplier? Lol. If it hits 350m that will be amazing but people who are hoping for a 400m + finish are just dreaming.

hm, doubting BO potential seems to be a natural art at this site.
  • Like 1

BOMojo Single Day Monday chart shows that the highest non-holiday non-summer monday was $11.6 million by Avatar in the middle of January. Highest March Mondays is $10.1 mil by Passion of the Christ. Not too shabby, though, indeed, it would have been nice to see the phenomenon spill over.

Welcome to the forums!

Welcome to the forums!

Thank you! I was a member of the old ones, I think I was hanzz then too (I had Nightmare Before Christmas as my avatar), but my BO interest kind of fell along the wayside until this juggernaut came along!

Monday drops for other big openers (non summer)Iron Man: 73%Iron Man 2: 69.9%Spider Man: 65.3%Spider Man 3: 74.2%Harry Potter 2: 78%Fast Five: 71.5%X men 2: 70.6%Only Spider Man held better than THG.

I wonder why you didn't include Monday drops for the 3 biggest non-summer openers other than THG.NM - 62.3%BD1 - 62.7%DH1 - 65%

I guess for me it bucked trend all weekend and then suddenly conformed to them on the Monday.I was hoping for a miracle run which may not happen.Though the film has already had a miraculous responseI guess I get down on BO numbers for films I like if they don't do what I expect (very high usually since I get caught into hype).Even then my prediction of 125/340 (which was laughed at when made a few weeks back) is coming true.

Edited by darthdevidem01

I wonder why you didn't include Monday drops for the 3 biggest non-summer openers other than THG.NM - 62.3%BD1 - 62.7%DH1 - 65%

Because he knew all three opened the wk before thanksgiving, thus the boosted monday hold, come-on man. :huh:

True, so considering Alice had 3D, then we might even be able to say this is a *significantly* better Monday hold than Alice? Right?

Alice was PG and aimed at younger kids. Kiddie movie always have bigger Monday drops.