Totem

Monday Numbers - THG 11M

It's very funny to see how some here were expecting a drop in the 50 - 60% range. That was IMPOSSIBLE. It's a March opening. Legs can be implied only after we see how it hold on Tuesday and Wednesday. A sub 10% drop on Tuesday and sub 15% drop on Wednesday would be great.A Monday drop better than Alice's is very good, IMO. Keep in mind Alice opened in the golden 3d age. Also, I remember someone in the forums pointed 3d helps weekdays grosses. And also, Alice was not as frontloaded as Hunger is.

No one was expecting it. Just hoping for it.

Is a good hold. Kids are in school, adults are at work, so can't expect much. If this truly is 4 quadrant and I think it is, then it will have legs plus a good 2nd weekend as an indication. Adults are patient people, and not prone to rushing out to catch a movie as soon as possible. :)

Is a good hold. Kids are in school, adults are at work, so can't expect much. If this truly is 4 quadrant and I think it is, then it will have legs plus a good 2nd weekend as an indication. Adults are patient people, and not prone to rushing out to catch a movie as soon as possible. :)

Is this really a film adults are going to see?

How in the world is this a disappointing number? It was already clear that school and work were going to affect this film based on the drop in attendance during Sunday evening. I think this number is fantastic! 11 Million on a non-holiday, non-summer Monday? Amazing!I'm expecting relatively soft drops for the rest of the week. And then I think most of you will be pleasantly surprised come next weekend.

• Like 1

No one was expecting it. Just hoping for it.

It was not a realistic hope. Spring break is winding down, and its hard to avoid the conditions of the market in which a film is released, what matters is if the film drops hard throughout the wk or not, the monday hold is already far better than most that March adventure releases would post as is.

Alice didn't act like a kids movie. It appealed to a wider audience, hence the amazing OW

Still... the percentage of kids for AIW was significantly more than that of THG. So 69% drop for THG will be equivalent to 71% drop of AIW.

Yes and No, males 35+ are not diggin the film, I've read a lot, and the majority think the film looks stupid.

That's kinda a blanket statement. Remember, complainers are usually the loudest. I'm approaching 35 (& male) and i'm digging it. Edited by Elessar