stealthyfrog

Borderlands | Lionsgate | Eli Roth to direct | Cate Blanchett is Lilith

I'd rather Hollywood go all in on this project than give it C-list actors and a journeyman director who wouldn't go into it with a vision. A-list actors and Eli Roth means it's getting more love and attention than, say, Hitman: Agent 47 did. So Kevin Hart, Cate Blanchett, and Jack Black might be a little off the mark of the characters, but I'm optimistic that this can be a good blockbuster! We've seen that Hart and Black work well together from the Jumanji movies, so this film has that going for it!

Studio has said that Lilith will be the central charecter, with the other 3 player chrecters from the original game in supporting roles or saved for the sequel. I supsect that Lilith and Roland will probably be it, with Brick and Compnay saved for the sequels.

Main thing in the script is they keep the game's warped sense of humor and it's poking fun a LOT of movies and games.

I wonder how the Cameron fanboys will react that the planet in "Borderlands" is named "Pandora" and it about as unlike the Pandora in "Avatar" as you can get;it's basically a total hellhole.

On 3/1/2021 at 12:10 PM, cax16 said:

SO they are including charecters who were not in the original game;Tina did not show up until Borderlands 2.

Don;t know why, if they are including stuff from the second game, they are apparently not having Handsome Jack as the main villian. Atlas was pretty much a minor villian in the first game, and not an interesting one at that.

Edited by dudalb

Gearbos revelaed that Tiny Tina will be getting her own game as the next major project in the Borderlands series. I don't think Tina being in the Borderlands movie...even though she does not appear until Borderlands 2..ia coincidence. I guess her being a fan favorite is why they put her in the movie.

• Like 1

This finished filming a while ago so hopefully they'll announce a release date soon. Maybe they're attaching a teaser to Moonfall—or to the Super Bowl since that would generate more buzz.

EDIT: Putting a teaser in front of Uncharted or Sonic 2 wouldn’t be bad choices either.

Edited by SLAM!

On 1/30/2022 at 4:50 PM, SLAM! said:

This finished filming a while ago so hopefully they'll announce a release date soon. Maybe they're attaching a teaser to Moonfall—or to the Super Bowl since that would generate more buzz.

EDIT: Putting a teaser in front of Uncharted or Sonic 2 wouldn’t be bad choices either.

10 months since they wrapped production and no news since then :thinking:

• Sad 2