stealthyfrog

Borderlands | Lionsgate | Eli Roth to direct | Cate Blanchett is Lilith

This should be in the main forum. 

Im not familiar with the games, but if this looks like mindless colourful action fun then I’ll be in. Great cast, Kevin Hart is the only downside. 

Seems to be getting a mostly positive reaction so far. 20k and 40k likes on the Discussing Film tweets with the picture and the replies (if you can risk looking, are mostly leaning positive). 

Edited by Krissykins

51 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Tbf, the humor in the games is not that far off from GOTG

The difference being that the games actually made me laugh (particularly Tales From the Borderlands), which is more than can be said for Claptrap crapping metal in this trailer.

It looks a lot more like the game than I thought it would. Lilith is using a Vladoff pistol, Atlas logos everywhere. That Claptrap joke at the end was basically something lowbrow out of the game.

Tiny Tina needs to be just a bit more unhinged tbh, she seems toned down compared with her game counterpart. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Last Man Standing said:

I'm sure this will be a turd, but honestly the trailer looks pretty fun? Maybe it'll be a Valerian / Jupiter Ascending type deal, not a good movie by any means but a good time.

Best case scenario right here, and I'd really enjoy that. Same fun vibes from the trailer as those movies.

I haven't played the games myself, which I think will probably help me enjoy this more if I look at the YouTube comments.

This honestly doesn't look anywhere nearly as bad as one would've expected given how long ago it was made. I'll see it if the reviews are semi-decent. Also it really is amusing just how much impact Guardians of the Galaxy has had on the tone of the team-up movie genre. You could make a valid argument that it's the most influential blockbuster to emerge within the past decade.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 12:28 PM, Arlborn said:

This is hopefully gonna be a glorious trainwreck of a B action film in the vein of the Resident Evil movies, I miss that billion-dollar movie franchise.

Still try8ng to figure out the bunny ears on TIny Tina. Whose freaking idea was that?

Bunny Ears and a  13 year old world class demolitoins expert do not go together.

Edited by dudalb

Lots of movies are going to try to be like GOTG. Trick it to be as good as GOTG and not just a wannabe ripoff.

I note in the trailer we got a quick glimps of Mad Moxii. A minor NPC in the first game, she become a major NPC in the Second game.

I hope the name  of the toxic waste dumb of a planet is the same as in the game: Pandora. Tes, that is a very deliberate joke on the Avatar movies.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

It looks a lot more like the game than I thought it would. Lilith is using a Vladoff pistol, Atlas logos everywhere. That Claptrap joke at the end was basically something lowbrow out of the game.

Tiny Tina needs to be just a bit more unhinged tbh, she seems toned down compared with her game counterpart. 

And the bunny ears on her just don't feel right on Tina.