Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

It’s a little weird to me that we’re getting a movie like this from DC in 2022. For a while there, I really thought they were done with this whole thing, and would just focus on standalone movies from here on out. I still don’t think it’s a good idea to have all these different Batmen in a single year. It’s even more frustrating when we can’t even seem to get another Superman movie. 

Edited by WittyUsername

On 2/19/2021 at 11:53 AM, SnokesLegs said:

As far as I’m aware, the Snyder Cut is its own thing separate from the rest of the DCEU. The 2017 Justice League film is the canon version.

Tell that to Patty. She decanonized the theatrical cut from her movies

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

It’s a little weird to me that we’re getting a movie like this from DC in 2022. For a while there, I really thought they were done with this whole thing, and would just focus on standalone movies from here on out. I still don’t think it’s a good idea to have all these different Batmen in a single year. It’s even more frustrating when we can’t even seem to get another Superman movie. 

They still are. They're still talking about films being "individually executed"

From the looks of it, they're gonna set up the multiverse with Flash and then give every director their own earth to do whatever they want. Which is dumb because they didn't need a multiverse for 'Joker' to be it's own thing but whatever

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

Congrats to her...it's been a loooong ride.  They've clearly opted for overall continuity rather than a fresh break, although half-the-point of the movie will of course be to close off some doors, and open up others.  If they had recast Miller, it would have made sense to change Iris, but since they're keeping him, this works...even though audiences have barely seen her in the role, yet!

But this is one case where the The CW Flash also deserves some credit -- they cast Iris West as an African American in 2014!  I'm sure this influenced Snyder/Warners...   

https://deadline.com/2014/02/candice-patton-flash-pilot-cw-676866/

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Congrats to her...it's been a loooong ride.  They've clearly opted for overall continuity rather than a fresh break, although half-the-point of the movie will of course be to close off some doors, and open up others.  If they had recast Miller, it would have made sense to change Iris, but since they're keeping him, this works...even though audiences have barely seen her in the role, yet!

But this is one case where the The CW Flash also deserves some credit -- they cast Iris West as an African American in 2014!  I'm sure this influenced Snyder/Warners...   

https://deadline.com/2014/02/candice-patton-flash-pilot-cw-676866/

From what I understand, Rick Famuyiwa had a hand in casting Iris West. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/flash-movie-spanish-actress-maribel-verdu-to-play-barry-allens-mother-exclusive

Flash fans know what an important role Barry Allen’s mother plays in the life of the Scarlet Speedster. And it’s a character that will figure prominently in the big-screen adaptation being made by Warner Bros. and DC.

Now the actress to play the part has been found.

Maribel Verdú, best to known to international audiences for her work in Alfonso Cuaron’s Y Tu Mama Tambien and Guillermo del Toro’s Pan’s Labyrinth, will play the key role in The Flash, which is casting up and prepping for a spring-summer shoot in England.

But at the same time as he gains mother, he is losing his dad. Sources tells THR that Billy Crudup, who was set to play the father role, has dropped out of the project. Crudup is also due to shoot the new season of Apple’s The Morning Show, for which he won an Emmy,  and schedules conflicted. (Many productions are encountering conflicts when juggling tight schedules thanks to the pandemic, with quarantines on both sides of the Atlantic forcing crunches on actors availabilities.)

The moves come as Kiersey Clemons, who has been associated with Flash through several incarnations, straightened her schedule and closed her deal this week. She is playing Iris West, Allen’s romantic interest.

3 minutes ago, belblazer said:

Meanwhile, Billy Crudup drops out of the Warner Bros.' DC movie due to a scheduling conflict.

😥

Torn on this. Hate The Morning Show, but LOVE Crudup in whatever he is doing in that show. Everyone else is stuck in that awful show but Crudup is in something else altogether. 

And it makes sense that he would go to his Emmy winning long term role, hopefully they can get him for a scene again maybe in pickups or towards the end of filming.

• Like 1

Just now, grim22 said:

Torn on this. Hate The Morning Show, but LOVE Crudup in whatever he is doing in that show. Everyone else is stuck in that awful show but Crudup is in something else altogether. 

And it makes sense that he would go to his Emmy winning long term role, hopefully they can get him for a scene again maybe in pickups or towards the end of filming.

Are they not recasting? I haven’t read any of the articles yet. 

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

No mention of a recast, they can write around him if needed since he is either in prison in current day or being taken to prison in the past.

True. I guess we’ll see what happens.