Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

2 hours ago, Macleod said:

There's no confirmation that this is actually happening, yet.  THR states that the studio has received "indications" that it might happen...but we have no verification that it IS, yet...  

And even if he is in rehab....and what kind of rehab he is in is another question ,,,that won't effect the ton of legal woes, apparently both civil and criminal coming Miller's way.  That he will be spending time in court seems inevitable ,folks. Justice system does not give a damn about WB;s problems with the Flash. Nor should it.

Miller can't just say I am in rehab and the problems will go away.  It has gone far beyond just being a PR problem.

As for Warners, the absolute silence about Miller will continue and not just as a matter of PR. The Warners legal department had told management they do not want to say or do anything that will be seen as WB trying to involve itslef with Miller's legal woes.

3 hours ago, cax16 said:

The second comment is basically how I feel.

Except I would say in ter

3 hours ago, cax16 said:

The second comment is basically how I feel.

This is not just a social media thing. Mainstream news articles are reporting it. And when the movie gears up for release there won’t be another media storm and some parents might not want to take their kids to a movie which stars someone worth these kind of accusations? Also I’d say Flash isn’t a guaranteed hit with general audiences anyway 

13 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Except I would say in ter

This is not just a social media thing. Mainstream news articles are reporting it. And when the movie gears up for release there won’t be another media storm and some parents might not want to take their kids to a movie which stars someone worth these kind of accusations? Also I’d say Flash isn’t a guaranteed hit with general audiences anyway 

We’ll see what happens, everyone is entitled to their own opinions on the situation. 

plenty of mediocre superhero films get high test screening scores, so releasing another one isn’t worth giving someone as unhinged as miller an opportunity to lead a big budget film. also im sure dc fans will just move on to aquaman or joker or whatever lol

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TMP said:

plenty of mediocre superhero films get high test screening scores, so releasing another one isn’t worth giving someone as unhinged as miller an opportunity to lead a big budget film. also im sure dc fans will just move on to aquaman or joker or whatever lol

What about all the other cast and crew that worked hard on the movie? That just doesn’t matter?

Also, Miller is most likely gonna be recast anyways so it’s not like they’re gonna get any enjoyment out of movie if it’s successful, they basically screwed themselves going forward. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1

I get their dilemma. DCEU films have yet to really achieve both massive critical and commercial success together outside of the first Wonder Woman. If they think Flash could be their No Way Home, canning it is probably incredibly difficult. But also I don't see critics being nice to this movie anyways cause they'll all have been following this saga on social media. 

3 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I get their dilemma. DCEU films have yet to really achieve both massive critical and commercial success together outside of the first Wonder Woman. If they think Flash could be their No Way Home, canning it is probably incredibly difficult. But also I don't see critics being nice to this movie anyways cause they'll all have been following this saga on social media. 

I mean if the critics are gonna shit on it cause of Ezra Millers personal life then what can anyone really do about? I’m sure WBD want good critical response but they’ll care much more about audience reactions+box office. 

Just release the movie and then fire him. They barely need 1 or 2 new scenes in the end to justify a recast (judging by what we know from the plot).

People lived very well with RDJ and he is loved as Iron Man, the wife beater Josh Brolin, Paul Bettany planned to kill and rape Amber Heard's dead body with his friend Depp. Jeremy Renner? Simu Liu? Letitia?

23 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

this is not going to be close to a NWH. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, belblazer said:

Just release the movie and then fire him. They barely need 1 or 2 new scenes in the end to justify a recast (judging by what we know from the plot).

People lived very well with RDJ and he is loved as Iron Man, the wife beater Josh Brolin, Paul Bettany planned to kill and rape Amber Heard's dead body with his friend Depp. Jeremy Renner? Simu Liu? Letitia?

These two did nothing that would warrant their names being listed with these other people.

7 minutes ago, AJG said:

These two did nothing that would warrant their names being listed with these other people.

Was it proven that the post showing support to pedophilia is fake? Or people just let the topic die on the internet and then announced the sequel like no one wouldn't notice? If it was, ok.

And for me, there is something very wrong with being a homophobic and transphobic garbage like her.

13 minutes ago, John Marston said:

this is not going to be close to a NWH. 

I mean, it was never going to make as much money as NWH, with or without Ezra Miller’s baggage, and I wouldn’t expect it to get an A+ from Cinemascore, but test audiences have supposedly been more into it than the test audiences for any other DCEU movie. It’s sounding like if it hadn’t been for Ezra Miller’s shenanigans, this movie might’ve been a clear winner for DC. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, belblazer said:

These are not remotely the same kind of PR disasters that Ezra is doing. 

1. RDJ cleaned himself up years before. Also he had a very sympathetic story, his father literally gave him drugs when he was a child.  He suffered the consequences and went to jail even. Also he never beat up other people. 

2. Brolin was playing a villain and is not even recognizable. The story was also years before, plus he and his wife reconciled/said it was a misunderstanding. This is probably more similar to the Christian Bale arrest with his mother and sister. Definitely not good but also not something that has longlasting damage. 

3. Bettany's recent stuff with Depp really didn't coincide with his time in the MCU much. Also its not like HE did anything himself. 

4. Simu Liu and Letitia Wright are just annoying, what crimes have they committed? 

15 minutes ago, belblazer said:

Was it proven that the post showing support to pedophilia is fake? Or people just let the topic die on the internet and then announced the sequel like no one wouldn't notice? If it was, ok.

And for me, there is something very wrong with being a homophobic and transphobic garbage like her.

The girl put up a 20 second clip of man talking about vaccines, nothing about LGBT people. That was the media being weird.

I have no idea about the Simu thing you mentioned. I’m guessing it’s fake since it got no traction.

Simu Liu got into a mild controversy for some posts he made on Reddit several years ago, although I think he might’ve addressed that stuff. As for Letitia Wright, I did hear that she was either liking or sharing tweets from transphobic people, although I’m not sure if the tweets themselves were transphobic. 

I suppose if we’re bringing up actor controversies, Evangeline Lilly did brag about attending an anti-vax rally that was held by a guy who compared vaccine mandates to the Holocaust, which people like Simu Liu actually called her out for. She’s also apparently a fan of Jordan Peterson. Honestly, if there’s one thing these past couple of years have taught me, it’s that there are more Hollywood actors with some fairly reactionary opinions than I assumed. 

Still, none of this stuff is on the same level as Ezra Miller’s baggage. Miller has very clear issues that need to be addressed, and there is no way they can continue playing the Flash. 

Edited by WittyUsername