Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

I think it"s telling we have only one person here who is really trying to stand up for Miller.

Miller might be in rehab, but that does not change that he will have to answer all the charges against him in court, be it criminal or civil. Being in rehab does not let you off the hook as far as the law is concerned.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, p a p i said:

Just waiting for Ezra to be kicked out. I honestly can't get excited for this knowing Ezra is involved. 

He won't be "kicked out" of the movie.  They have the movie.  They aren't going to spend another  $100 million digitally replacing him.  At best the marketing will not be showing his face, and I could see them possibly shifting the title back to "Flashpoint" and of course emphasizing Keaton-Bats...who was already a big part of this, anyway.  Miller is already all but confirmed "done" by sources at Warner Bros., though...obviously he won't be coming back after this movie.  

Edited by Macleod

15 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

All the multiverse hopping would make a recast actually work in universe. I wonder if they'll shoot an ending stinger where Flash gets back, everything seems normal...then looks into a mirror and bam! New face and cut to black.

Let's hope so.

19 hours ago, Macleod said:

He won't be "kicked out" of the movie.  They have the movie.  They aren't going to spend another  $100 million digitally replacing him.  At best the marketing will not be showing his face, and I could see them possibly shifting the title back to "Flashpoint" and of course emphasizing Keaton-Bats...who was already a big part of this, anyway.  Miller is already all but confirmed "done" by sources at Warner Bros., though...obviously he won't be coming back after this movie.  

He is probably done as far as leading roles in major projects go, period,for a long long time.

He is just too great a risk. The cost of completion insurance on any film starring him will go through the roof.

Edited by dudalb

4 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

All the multiverse hopping would make a recast actually work in universe. I wonder if they'll shoot an ending stinger where Flash gets back, everything seems normal...then looks into a mirror and bam! New face and cut to black.

I don't know if the original plan was to create a new timeline with our Barry, Gal, Momoa, Supergirl, Batgirl and Keaton or the two realities would collide and become one, but I'd rather see Ezra's Barry happy staying on Keaton's Earth with Nora and Henry and somehow this brings Wally West or another version of Barry to this earth.

Seems simple and it's veeery Barry Allen and his way to messing up the timelines.

I just don't want them to change a lot so it wouldn't affect on its quality. All insiders are agreeing that this has the best tests among all upcoming DC movies.

2 hours ago, belblazer said:

I don't know if the original plan was to create a new timeline with our Barry, Gal, Momoa, Supergirl, Batgirl and Keaton or the two realities would collide and become one, but I'd rather see Ezra's Barry happy staying on Keaton's Earth with Nora and Henry and somehow this brings Wally West or another version of Barry to this earth.

Seems simple and it's veeery Barry Allen and his way to messing up the timelines.

I just don't want them to change a lot so it wouldn't affect on its quality. All insiders are agreeing that this has the best tests among all upcoming DC movies.

The plan was supposed to merge both timelines, meaning Keaton replaces Affleck and Supergirl replaces Superman. But with Batgirl cancelled and Aquaman 2 reshoots...I bet Zaslav is changing the direction that Flash was supposed to set up.

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Boo. Give it to the people on HBO Max for a free Christmas movie.

• First, Warners has received indications that the 29-year-old Miller, whose mother has accompanied the actor in recent days, will seek professional help after returning home to their farm in Vermont after being away. If that help happens, Miller, who goes by they/them pronouns, could give an interview at some point explaining their erratic behavior over the past few years. The actor could then do limited press for The Flash, and the movie would open in cinemas as planned. 
  • The second scenario: Even if Miller doesn’t reach out for help, Warners could still release the film. But don’t expect Miller to play a prominent role in terms of marketing and publicity. Nor would Miller be The Flash going forward, as the role would be recast in future projects.
  • The third case: Things go from bad to worse, with the situation with Miller deteriorating. This would see Warners killing the movie outright, as it could not be reshot with a different actor. Miller plays multiple characters and is in almost every scene. Scrapping a $200 million film would be an unprecedented move.

Option 3 only happens if Ezra does something TRULY heinous like murder. Options 1+2 are the best bet. Have Ezra apologize and explain then checked into rehab/serve some time as punishment potentially. No press for the movie, just focus on fixing themselves. As amusing as the escalating escapades have been, it's a very sad situation of a truly disturbed and unwell person that need serious help.

In all honesty, ever since the Iceland video, I had a bad feeling in the back of my head that some other troubling thing regarding Ezra Miller would come out that would potentially derail this movie, and frankly, WB should have realized that as well. At this point, their best bet is for Miller (or their mother) to open up about their problems, on top of seeking help, while staying out of the public eye.

It’ll be awkward having to promote a major movie without their lead actor, but fortunately, with Michael Keaton, Ben Affleck and Michael Shannon all in this film, they can still have an angle to promote.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t see how canceling a $200-300 million film would be a better investment than simply dumping it on HBO Max, but I’m not a Hollywood accountant, so what do I know?

Agreed that scrapping it given the cost seems unlikely. But dumping it on MAX would still be a weird move. They're publicly moving away from big budget projects for MAX, they would still need to drum up some marketing if they're hoping to get some subs with it (otherwise, may as well scrap it) so... Going with cinemas is still the best option. 

Ezra Miller's troubles do not make the news in most of the world and even though ther would be a spotlight on them as the release approaches, I think pushing Keaton and Affleck in the promos as recognisable characters would mean 100-150 domestic and 300-400 OS is feasible, especially if the movie IS entertaining (muted opening, decent legs). 

I think it would obviously be a losing proposition either way, but I can't see how 400-500 million from theatrical isn't a realistic number that would be a far less disastrous result than scrapping it or just dumping it on streaming. 

Especially this far out, any decision aside from "stay the course" would make me seriously doubt the judgement of the execs at WBD. 

• Like 2