Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

10 hours ago, belblazer said:

Just release the movie and then fire him. They barely need 1 or 2 new scenes in the end to justify a recast (judging by what we know from the plot).

People lived very well with RDJ and he is loved as Iron Man, the wife beater Josh Brolin, Paul Bettany planned to kill and rape Amber Heard's dead body with his friend Depp. Jeremy Renner? Simu Liu? Letitia?

Look, if you going to stan Ezra, you can do you but can you get their pronouns right.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

@belblazer is mostly right. Audiences have been pretty welcome to a lot of... sketchy people. Not that people shouldn't care what Ezra has done, but a lot of the stuff is still mostly just... a step above shoplifting? Fights are obviously no bueno, but... really?

There's the big thing, but we'll see where that goes.

• Like 2

“I just wanted to take a moment to clarify that The Flash will be released as planned in June 2023, despite, um, despite nothing,” said Zaslav, whose eyes darted nervously around as he dispelled rumors that the future of the film was in any kind of jeopardy. “Also, unrelated to anything, Ezra Miller is an amazing person. So talented, so kind. They would never do anything to hurt me—I mean anyone. An honest slip-up, I swear. Please don’t hurt me.” At press time, Zaslav was heard asking an off-camera figure if they would unbind his wrists now. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

The dilmena is that Flash movie literally does something that NEEDS to happen in order for the DCEU to move on forward the way Zaslav and WB wants to, the movie needs to be released just for that purpose.

Does it?  One line of dialogue can change an open wound to a patchwork suture, at the very least...and a perfectly-toned conclusion, at best.  I expect that's what we'll see happen in the final moments of this movie...a quick wrap-up that "writes off" the previous universe...but leaves everything else open-ended.  

35 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Who back in 2012 could’ve ever guessed that this thread would devolve into its current state? At this point, a trailer would practically be a godsend, just so there could finally be something else to talk about. 

I always knew (and a little birdy also told me) keeping Miller around/casting them in the solo movie was a bad idea, but hey...that's another discussion.  

11 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Does it?  One line of dialogue can change an open wound to a patchwork suture, at the very least...and a perfectly-toned conclusion, at best.  I expect that's what we'll see happen in the final moments of this movie...a quick wrap-up that "writes off" the previous universe...but leaves everything else open-ended.  

I always knew (and a little birdy also told me) keeping Miller around/casting them in the solo movie was a bad idea, but hey...that's another discussion.  

Without getting too much into leaks, they’re gonna need to do more than change a single line of dialogue. 

As for Ezra Miller, a lot of people were saying that keeping them around was a bad idea, at least as far back as the Iceland video. 

15 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Without getting too much into leaks, they’re gonna need to do more than change a single line of dialogue. 

As for Ezra Miller, a lot of people were saying that keeping them around was a bad idea, at least as far back as the Iceland video. 

Way before that...  And I maintain that one line of dialogue can change everything, if perfectly written...but few lines are, these days...

37 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Way before that...  And I maintain that one line of dialogue can change everything, if perfectly written...but few lines are, these days...

If you think one line of dialogue can “change everything if perfectly written,” then would you care to give an example?

Yes, people accepted RDJ but that took ten years and only after it was clear he had cleaned up his act.

Miller ain't even began on that road back.

If you want to stan for the film, fine, but don;t stan for MIller. You are just making a fool of yourself if you do.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Yes, people accepted RDJ but that took ten years and only after it was clear he had cleaned up his act.

Miller ain't even began on that road back.

If you want to stan for the film, fine, but don;t stan for MIller. You are just making a fool of yourself if you do.

As I said a while ago RDJ was a very talented person and well liked and many people stood up for him. Even then it was incredible difficult for him to get taken back in. Miller is just a dime a dozen actor who is in a fortunate position and wont be missed if he is canned. Its also a much different landscape now for actors who are trouble makers. Its just way to expensive to get them insured and budgets have blown out on movies and to risky to have them in tentpoles one they have a bad rep. I very much doubt RDJ would have made it back if his transgressions has occurred now. 

On 8/11/2022 at 5:28 PM, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Not a fan of this accusatory tone? Weird implication, as if you're trying to create some war or narrative.

I'm personally on the record of only wanting this movie to succeed for Sasha Calle as Supergirl. But I do not care about the movie itself nor Ezra Miller who needs immediate help. This has been a disaster for WB

But still, is it not necessary to mention the supposed quality of the film? That seems to be apart of the conversation. WB/DC has a good movie reportedly yet no plan on how to release it given the news

Sometimes you project way more into my words than needed. Sometimes silence is the wisest course of action instead of volunteering. 

I was just more making a point that we have a real life messy situation but people constantly frame it all about the movie, when it’s just that: a movie. One also meant to reboot a universe or whatever. That means something to many people with investment in this universe. I’m not one of them but regardless this is a fact.

11 hours ago, John Marston said:

Wow lots of attempts to deflect away from Ezra here 

A mix of typical whataboutism that’s par for the course of idolatry/Stan culture along with Franchise Wars nonsense and a dash of white male privilege.