Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

19 minutes ago, Future Foundation said:

The Batman literally outgrossed Love and Thunder.

A batman movie barely outgrossing a thor movie is the equivalent of a spiderman movie barely outgrossing a green lantern movie.

Not that impressive. Abd btw what did every dc movie except the batman do box office wise in the past few years?

52 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Impressive special effects used to be something people gushed about years ago, but that seems largely gone. 

Michael Bay'd first Transformers film is the last time I remember a consensus "holy fuck that was insane" around special effects in a film. 

Avatar2 was literally 6 months ago

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Veclozy said:

Who else would? They're submitting copyright claims all over Twitter right now.

It wasn't a clip from their movie, why would they care? What legal standing would they have to submit a copyright claim over another studios clip?

44 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Joker should be dangerous and not really an anti-hero, it felt a lot to me ironically like Venom, never mind how outstanding Phoenix performance is. But I do think that the general consensus I see from people - and how I personally feel about the film as well - is that it’s a terrific performance in a meh film, with a predictable story, with the biggest sin for me trying too hard to make us feel about the Joker. He is a sociopath, a lunatic. Not an anti-hero.

I can't really agree with you on this because this just obviously isn't a movie about "the Joker." It's Phillips' semi-pulpy homage to 70s Scorsese classics. There's just nothing about the actual characterization that I recognize in other uses of the same character. It's similar to something like WWZ where you're just not sure what's actually been adapted. I always find "you must be faithful to source material" arguments online funny because the same people will often praise 2019's Joker and it's just an illustration of the exact opposite point: great execution of a concept will make people incorporate your story into their conception of a character/franchise. 

I actually really like 2019's Joker and have independently re-watched the final 20/30 minutes of the film multiple times via HBO Max because I just think it's an incredibly electric bit of filmmaking.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

It wasn't a clip from their movie, why would they care? What legal standing would they have to submit a copyright claim over another studios clip?

It's not another studio's clip, it's a fake NWH clip that has been posted on Twitter for years and Sony never took it down because it's not from the actual movie, it's fan-made.

26 minutes ago, Emporio said:

A batman movie barely outgrossing a thor movie is the equivalent of a spiderman movie barely outgrossing a green lantern movie.

Not that impressive. Abd btw what did every dc movie except the batman do box office wise in the past few years?

But you are comparing a new entry with a new actor to the 4th movie of an already established franchise. LOVE AND THUNDER actually did really well, but I thought THE BATMAN's run was equally, if not more impressive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Veclozy said:

It's not another studio's clip, it's a fake NWH clip that has been posted on Twitter for years and Sony never took it down because it's not from the actual movie, it's fan-made.

Cool, again, why would WB make a COPYRIGHT claim for this? They have no legal standing to do so lmao.

19 minutes ago, PrinceRico said:

Might as well stick a fork in this movie. It’s done.

Yah... I'm getting WW84 vibes with how many negative reviews are coming out in the last 12 hours. This is getting the same kind of fine critical reaction as Aquaman and Thor 4... but likely without the box office results... :x 

9 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Cool, again, why would WB make a COPYRIGHT claim for this? They have no legal standing to do so lmao.

Probably because there is so many clips happening right now on social media they are just mass reporting everything without watching every clip.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

Probably because there is so many clips happening right now on social media they are just mass reporting everything without watching every clip.

Yeah man that's for sure happening and is definitely a thing!

Way to go everyone, we cracked the case! 

4 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Yeah man that's for sure happening and is definitely a thing!

Way to go everyone, we cracked the case! 

You realize false copyright claims is a thing that happens literally constantly? This is very common. Maybe read up a bit about it before dealing in snark.

It happens across all social media platforms. They get taken down first before they get reviewed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1