Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

37 minutes ago, TMP said:

The only cameo they should have kept was the last one. The whole theatre erupted in a way that none of the previous ones even came close to

It was probably Gunn's idea too as it was shot fairly recently.

As I mentioned in the Spoiler thread, I really liked this. CGI discourse is insane hyperbole, which obviously. Loved that final cameo.

Went with my friend and his wife. He's a huge Flash fan, she's a huge Batman fan. She loved it. He hated it. (he's also a big Snyder guy so, idk if that played a part)

6 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

87% audience score. Last time I checked yesterday was 95%.

Black Adam has 88%. ZSJL 93%.

ZSJL Score is meaningless.

The comparison to Black Adam is concerning.

7 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

DEADLINE: Andy Muschietti Departs The Brave and the Bold Over Creative Differences

I bet my ass we receive a headline exactly like this before the year is done.

That seems like a dumb bet, you think WBD and Gunn haven't seen these numbers. Gunn is the one makes the decisions and he's loves Muschietti. They've even locked him into a first look deal. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ross612 said:

That seems like a dumb bet, you think WBD and Gunn haven't seen these numbers. Gunn is the one makes the decisions and he's loves Muschietti. They've even locked him into a first look deal. 

Well, Gunn is gonna need people to actually finance the movie, and I doubt they'll want to bet on the dude that just made a mega-bomb. He doesn't just have 200 million lying around and WBD probably doesn't either in its current situation. No to mention it's not uncommon for studios to attach directors to projects and then drop them after a flop of this magnitude; in fact it's fairly common practice. 
Disney quietly dropped the idea of the Rian Johnson Star Wars trilogy immediately after they saw how divisive TLJ was even tho they announced that on the week of release as well. 

Edited by 21C

1 minute ago, Ross612 said:

I don’t think that’s happening either. And I say this fully aware that I haven’t watched The Flash yet. Do I think that Safran and Gunn need to keep a tight leash here especially when it comes to visual effects judged by the ‘creative decisions’ backlash? Of course. Do I think this is reason for the Muschiettis to drop out the project or being dropped? Nope.

Spoiler

But if Clooney, Affleck or Keaton end up as the Batman of the new DCU I will be royally pissed off. This is the deal breaker for me when it comes to Brave and the Bold, not anything else. Just leave all this shit in the past.

18 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I don’t think that’s happening either. And I say this fully aware that I haven’t watched The Flash yet. Do I think that Safran and Gunn need to keep a tight leash here especially when it comes to visual effects judged by the ‘creative decisions’ backlash? Of course. Do I think this is reason for the Muschiettis to drop out the project or being dropped? Nope.

Hide contents

But if Clooney, Affleck or Keaton end up as the Batman of the new DCU I will be royally pissed off. This is the deal breaker for me when it comes to Brave and the Bold, not anything else. Just leave all this shit in the past.

The Only way I would accept....

Spoiler

Clooney, Afffleck or Keaton as Batman in the new DCU is if they are doing "Batman Beyond",and I think any of them would be a good pick for the really old, embittered, angry Bruce Wayne.

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Hide contents

Clooney, Afffleck or Keaton as Batman in the new DCU is if they are doing "Batman Beyond",and I think any of them would be a good pick for the really old, embittered, angry Bruce Wayne.

I would be 100% on board with 

Spoiler

a Clooney Batman Beyond film. Give it to me PLEASE.

There is 0% chance WB/Gunn are going to part ways with Muschietti in the near future. They knew the reactions over the last few weeks. They knew the tracking. They're not stupid.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Hide contents

Nah. Not me. Already tired of that concept. Bring me someone new.

13 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

I would be 100% on board with 

Reveal hidden contents

There is 0% chance WB/Gunn are going to part ways with Muschietti in the near future. They knew the reactions over the last few weeks. They knew the tracking. They're not stupid.

One positive from this film bombing for me is that I imagine it’s unlikely 

Spoiler

they would keep Clooney if anything to just cut any ties with Ezra’s Flash whatsoever. So I think I will get my way with Brave and the Bold lol.

Edited by ZattMurdock

B+ close to being locked. Wouldn't be surprised if it got a B. People are uploading big parts of the movie online and proudly proclaiming that they pirated. At a certain point you have to figure that WB shot themselves in the foot with all of the hype. Ezra's actions are also clearly having an effect too. 

While you are worried about Muschietti being fired from the Batman film, I'm actually concerned about the new DCU as a whole. James Gunn seemed way too invested in this movie (after ignoring Shazam 2, so it seems genuine). He heavily promoted it and called it one of the greatest comic book movies of all time, has hired Muschietti to direct the new Batman film, and who knows how much involvement he had on the post-production (he already said he gave "notes"). Considering how awful the CGI looks in the finished product after so much time of post-production, I wouldn't rule out a similar Justice League situation going on (minus the toxic set, of course, and a much colaborative work with the director). Not to mention Gunn could probably be involved in how the movie was released and marketed, and in increasing WB's confidence in the film and convincing them to give the promotion a more robust investment. This is only speculative, and I don't even know how likely it is for this to be case, but considering WB's history of panicking and course correcting their plans for DC, the mere possibility of them reconsidering Gunn's DCU makes me nervous. His first DC movie (The Suicide Squad) was already a box office bomb, despite being pretty good. Gunn choosing to associate himself with The Flash seems like a mistep if the current numbers and indicatives of word of mouth continue to be disappointing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

While you are worried about Muschietti being fired from the Batman film, I'm actually concerned about the new DCU as a whole. James Gunn seemed way too invested in this movie (after ignoring Shazam 2, so it seems genuine). He heavily promoted it and called it one of the greatest comic book movies of all time, has hired Muschietti to direct the new Batman film, and who knows how much involvement he had on the post-production (he already said he gave "notes"). Considering how awful the CGI looks in the finished product after so much time of post-production, I wouldn't rule out a similar Justice League situation going on (minus the toxic set, of course, and a much colaborative work with the director). Not to mention Gunn could probably be involved in how the movie was released and marketed, and in increasing WB's confidence in the film and convincing them to give the promotion a more robust investment. This is only speculative, and I don't even know how likely it is for this to be case, but considering WB's history of panicking and course correcting their plans for DC, the mere possibility of them reconsidering Gunn's DCU makes me nervous. His first DC movie (The Suicide Squad) was already a box office bomb, despite being pretty good. Gunn choosing to associate himself with The Flash seems like a mistep if the current numbers and indicatives of word of mouth continue to be disappointing.

I don’t see Gunn associated with The Flash more than I see Kevin Feige involved with Daredevil (2004) and the Sony’s Ghost Rider films. WB struck gold with James Gunn. I think the VFX ‘stylistic choices’ are more of an excuse to cut costs in what is clearly a film that went through an insane amount of rewrites. Given the choices to the fate of some of these characters and how they were reportedly part of the ‘new DC’ before Gunn coming aboard, I see this as releasing what was a film that they spend way too much money on and just had to. Do I agree with the release of this film as a vehicle to a serial and despicable criminal? Nope. Do I think that Batgirl’s film dying for this is fair? Nope. Do I understand having to try to salvage this thing and rewrite this thing to somewhat be watchable from a business perspective and that Batgirl had to die because it was just prolonging this further? Yeah.

47 minutes ago, Vector Sigma said:

B+ close to being locked. Wouldn't be surprised if it got a B. People are uploading big parts of the movie online and proudly proclaiming that they pirated. At a certain point you have to figure that WB shot themselves in the foot with all of the hype. Ezra's actions are also clearly having an effect too. 

This happens with most big movies. People in this thread need to stop equating Twitter hijinks with reality.

• Like 2