Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

3 hours ago, Joel M said:

I don't think the movie is that bad but the notion it bombed mostly because of Ezra Miller is pure science fiction. He's not even well-known enough to tank a movie this big. He's an Ansel Elgort with WWS, definately hurt the promo and the general excitiment around the movie a good amount, but the interest was just never there.

We are talking about a movie that opened way below already lowered expectations and then continued to crash and burn until it was essentially out of theatres in a month.

People look up movies before going in this economy.  Hearing somebody with his problems will star, and the creators saying they will star in a sequel is a major turn off.

6 hours ago, Joel M said:

I don't think the movie is that bad but the notion it bombed mostly because of Ezra Miller is pure science fiction. He's not even well-known enough to tank a movie this big. He's an Ansel Elgort with WWS, definately hurt the promo and the general excitiment around the movie a good amount, but the interest was just never there.

We are talking about a movie that opened way below already lowered expectations and then continued to crash and burn until it was essentially out of theatres in a month.

Ezra Miller being a freak was all over the internet, everywhere on twitter. Audiences are smarter than you think. It's not like they would just forget about that. And promoting the movie by using side characters instead of Miller only made it worse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bob Train said:

Ezra Miller being a freak was all over the internet, everywhere on twitter. Audiences are smarter than you think. It's not like they would just forget about that. And promoting the movie by using side characters instead of Miller only made it worse.

The movie got some of the most disastrous legs of all time after opening 20m under projections. If you wanna pin this on Miller, I guess fine. I'm just not buying it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joel M said:

The movie got some of the most disastrous legs of all time after opening 20m under projections. If you wanna pin this on Miller, I guess fine. I'm just not buying it.

Miller is miscast and extremely annoying and  unlikable. A bad lea definitely contributes to bad WOM

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Joel M said:

People want simple explanations.

I agree Miller was a problem but he a long way from being the only problem with the film.

I think one thing was they first conceived it, the e Multiverse angle would be something brand new, but by the time it got released, it has already been done a few times and had lost the novelty factor.

35 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Miller is miscast and extremely annoying and  unlikable. A bad lea definitely contributes to bad WOM

That’s different though than people avoiding the movie because of their offscreen antics. I agree Miller was obnoxious in this. 

17 hours ago, ZeroHour said:

That’s different though than people avoiding the movie because of their offscreen antics. I agree Miller was obnoxious in this. 

People aren't gonna spend $20 to go to a theater if the star is an unlikable POS. That made it so that the audience was entirely comprised of DC fans which made it very frontloaded.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Bob Train said:

People aren't gonna spend $20 to go to a theater if the star is an unlikable POS. That made it so that the audience was entirely comprised of DC fans which made it very frontloaded.

But the movie also scored poorly with the people who did pay to go see it. If it had had a good response from those who went and then had terrible legs, this would be a more compelling argument. Those bad legs look much more like early audiences warning other people away from this thing.

• Like 1

I personally never found Ezra Miller as annoying as a lot of other people seemed to find them, but it’s funny looking back at how much WB was apparently convinced Miller was a breakout star. They fought to keep Miller on as the Flash back when their contract was set to expire in 2019, told the CW to include them for a brief crossover with Grant Gustin, and had them play multiple characters in this movie. 

When all is said and done, Grant Gustin is the Flash people are more likely to remember fondly. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Barry 2 is really, really annoying as a character. It's a buddy comedy where both of the buddies are Ezra Miller and Annoying Ezra Miller

That was literally the point though. And it's addressed in the film multiple times

25 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

That was literally the point though. And it's addressed in the film multiple times

Yeah but the difference is he doesn't stop being annoying till literally the end of the movie. Being annoying on purpose isnt fun, just annoying. He shouts all of his lines.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Yeah but the difference is he doesn't stop being annoying till literally the end of the movie. Being annoying on purpose isnt fun, just annoying. He shouts all of his lines.

Meh, it took place over the course of like... 24 hours so idk why the younger version would've started acting different.

5 hours ago, ZeroHour said:

But the movie also scored poorly with the people who did pay to go see it. If it had had a good response from those who went and then had terrible legs, this would be a more compelling argument. Those bad legs look much more like early audiences warning other people away from this thing.

remember the opening weekend was gigantically below expectations. So there was no interest in it at all despite the studio hype, I do think even if the movie wasn't good, if it had let's say, Grant Gustin and Christian Bale, it would have had a huge opening weekend at least