Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

40 minutes ago, dudalb said:

All I can say is that if some of the people here were put in charge  of a film studio. that film studio would not last long.

no way a studio with a superman or batman film every year quarter would fail  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, dudalb said:

All I can say is that if some of the people here were put in charge  of a film studio. that film studio would not last long.

I think a lot of us spend way too much time crunching numbers and not enough actually watching movies and talking to normal viewers.  That is needed to actually figure out the box office.  I see why it is a hard job for the studios to get right.

7 hours ago, Human said:

I think a lot of us spend way too much time crunching numbers and not enough actually watching movies and talking to normal viewers.  That is needed to actually figure out the box office.  I see why it is a hard job for the studios to get right.

No matter how much people you talk to, the total sample won't be enough to extrapole to the general population, so numbers are a better way to estimate a film success in most cases.

Curious about the deleted scenes, though it's not common for studios to actually release meaningful deleted material from movies that were significantly changed in reshoots (I'm still dying to see what the original cuts of Dark Phoenix and 2016's Suicide Squad were like), so I don't think they'll reveal the alternative endings of The Flash.

• Like 1

They’d never do it, but it would be pretty neat if they made the home media release a choose your own adventure thing where you could pick either the ending we got in theaters or the two endings that were scrapped. 

Edited by WittyUsername

Just now, Cappoedameron said:

what exactly does that mean?

They are selling a The Flash ‘experience’ in the blockchain. I can’t believe that WB is going with this, but yeah:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Curbxf1ABMS/?igshid=YzcxN2Q2NzY0OA==

I actually checked The Flash’s Instagram account before posting here because I thought GameOverGreggy was been duped but… nope. You have to start recouping the costs somehow I guess.

I dont really expect to see Ezra Miller in anything meaningful again, so I just want to say I'm gonna miss him. It's not that I'm particularly fond of him, though he often plays endearing characters. I feel that as an actor he fills a particular niche, that no other current high-profile actor can. 

Seeing Chamalet look awkward as Wonka only made me think of how much better the role would have been in Ezra Miller's hands 

• Like 1

The movie was very flawed, but good overall

First hour was excellent, rest was ok

Pretty much everything good this movie does comes from Ezra Miller, you recast him and this movie has no reason to exist

The positives have all been mentioned so i'd rather talk about what I felt needed to change

Movie would have been much better if Keaton and Supergirl only had "very extended cameos" (20 min max)  and more time was spent developing the conflict between the Barrys and its resolution

That would have also required the "Time" scenes to be less unpleasant to look at

All the fights (and fight scene adjacent scenes) were boring and slowed down the movie, but everything outside of them was a lot of fun

should have spent more time on putting the flash's powers to creative use instead of boring punchy punchy

B+ if you need something to take home

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 2