Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

14 hours ago, dudalb said:

I think was more "We have to get aorund to doing a Batsy confronts Supes eventually" idea then a "We will do this right after MOS" decision. Almost all I have read indicates the decsion to scrap MOS 2 in favor of BVS was a hurried decision. It might have been on the schuduel but a long  way down the road from all I have read.

Of course it was. MoS didn't make as much money as the Marvel films of the same period, so they panicked. The whole thing was driven, and ruined by, the sheer naked greed of the WB executives, who wanted all the profits of Marvel, without having to make as much effort. They were rightly punished for it.

17 hours ago, dudalb said:

I think was more "We have to get aorund to doing a Batsy confronts Supes eventually" idea then a "We will do this right after MOS" decision. Almost all I have read indicates the decsion to scrap MOS 2 in favor of BVS was a hurried decision. It might have been on the schuduel but a long  way down the road from all I have read.

Zack Snyder Explains How Batman Ended Up in the 'Man of Steel' Sequel

4 hours ago, FunkMiller said:

Of course it was. MoS didn't make as much money as the Marvel films of the same period, so they panicked. The whole thing was driven, and ruined by, the sheer naked greed of the WB executives, who wanted all the profits of Marvel, without having to make as much effort. They were rightly punished for it.

MoS did much more worldwide than Thor and Captain America.

Edited by efialtes76

24 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Thor and Captain America came out in 2011. MoS came out in 2013. WB saw nothing but the dollar signs that Avengers made and rushed to duplicate it thinking they could just take a shortcut while failing to see how much of a role that the build up played towards Avengers working as well as it did.

2 hours ago, poweranimals said:

Thor and Captain America came out in 2011. MoS came out in 2013. WB saw nothing but the dollar signs that Avengers made and rushed to duplicate it thinking they could just take a shortcut while failing to see how much of a role that the build up played towards Avengers working as well as it did.

Exactly. MoS came out in the wake of The Avengers, and WB just wanted to skip straight to their version without putting in the long yards.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

That just shows you the terrible missed potential. Of course Superman is way bigger than Thor and Captain America who got springboarded off Avengers to have more successful solo films. There's no reason WB should've let Marvel turn their B-listers into bigger box office stars than their A-lister. Its criminal mismanagement. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

That just shows you the terrible missed potential. Of course Superman is way bigger than Thor and Captain America who got springboarded off Avengers to have more successful solo films. There's no reason WB should've let Marvel turn their B-listers into bigger box office stars than their A-lister. Its criminal mismanagement. 

I remain convinced that if someone had given Snyder more oversight on Man Of Steel (preventing the more stupid decisions he made) and had then gone on to continue that oversight with a sequel, the whole DCEU would have been set up with a far better chance of success. Cavill's Superman would have acted as the lynch pin of the series, with him being the one to eventually bring together the Justice League - after three or four solo movies from each of the other characters. The over reliance on Batman was such a massive mistake. 

• Like 3

On 7/1/2023 at 8:26 AM, FunkMiller said:

The fact that Snyder genuinely thought Batman would be the best character to confront Superman in a sequel rather speaks volumes about his actual commitment to the character of Superman.

Eventually if you were doing a DC shared universe you would have to bring Supes and Batsy together, and after 'The Dark Knight Returns" you cannot do a Silver Age 'Best Pals" approch,

But Snyder screwed it up both by doing it too soon (you needed a Batman movie to set up the DCU version of the charecter;no you did not have to do the origin story again buy you needed a film) and having a lousy premise;it makes Bruce Wayne ,one of whose things is might be the smartest guy in the Superhero room, look like an idiot for blaming Supes for what happened in Metropolis instead of Zod and Company,.

I have a theory that Nolan  was more heavily involved in MOS then the credit he got indicated, and might have saved Snyder from his own worst traits, which is why overall I liked MOS. Left on his own, Snyder messed up Supes bigtime. Someone said, and I think it might be right, he made him into a clone of "Dr Manhatten" in Watchmen.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2023 at 9:35 AM, poweranimals said:

Green Lantern came out in 2011 also and DC was hoping it would do for the DCU what Iron Man did for the MCU..and, of course it was a disaster.

35 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Eventually if you were doing a DC shared universe you would have to bring Supes and Batsy together, and after 'The Dark Knight Returns" you cannot do a Silver Age 'Best Pals" approch,

But Snyder screwed it up both by doing it too soon (you needed a Batman movie to set up the DCU version of the charecter;no you did not have to do the origin story again buy you needed a film) and having a lousy premise;it makes Bruce Wayne ,one of whose things is might be the smartest guy in the Superhero room, look like an idiot for blaming Supes for what happened in Metropolis instead of Zod and Company,.

I have a theory that Nolan  was more heavily involved in MOS then the credit he got indicated, and might have saved Snyder from his own worst traits, which is why overall I liked MOS. Left on his own, Snyder messed up Supes bigtime. Someone said, and I think it might be right, he made him into a clone of "Dr Manhatten" in Watchmen.

Ultimately, Batman is no real opposition to Superman. Even in The Dark Knight Returns, it's made very clear that Bruce is more or less on a suicide mission, and the only reason he isn't killed is because he relies on Clark's nature and their friendship to save him. They know each other so well by that time that Bruce can use that knowledge to his advantage.

None of which you can do if you make them fight the first time the two of them have ever met.

Good god, Zack Snyder is an absolute moron. No wonder the DCEU fell apart with a foundation built by someone like that.

Nolan buggered off to Interstellar more or less straight away, but he's famous for not liking the neck snap. Which tells you all you need to know about how he felt about what Snyder was doing with the character.

46 minutes ago, FunkMiller said:

Ultimately, Batman is no real opposition to Superman. Even in The Dark Knight Returns, it's made very clear that Bruce is more or less on a suicide mission, and the only reason he isn't killed is because he relies on Clark's nature and their friendship to save him. They know each other so well by that time that Bruce can use that knowledge to his advantage.

None of which you can do if you make them fight the first time the two of them have ever met.

Good god, Zack Snyder is an absolute moron. No wonder the DCEU fell apart with a foundation built by someone like that.

Nolan buggered off to Interstellar more or less straight away, but he's famous for not liking the neck snap. Which tells you all you need to know about how he felt about what Snyder was doing with the character.

People keep on wanting Nolan to be another CBM, but clear Nolan seems not to be interestin that. He seems to be happy to go back and forth between Sci Fi films and Historical dramas, and it seems to be working for him. Oppenheimer is my most anticipated  film of the summer.

• Astonished 1

THANK FUCK this era is over. And I was one of the defenders of MOS through the 3 yr war(2013-2016). Just ready to wash my hands of this universe and hopefully get some enjoyable DC content. Gunn knows how to make scenes where you can get to know and relate to the characters which is something the DCEU scarcely had. It’s how many movies now and I still feel like I barely know these people. And it has nothing to do with DC characters being unrelatable “gods” or whatever bs some people say. Thor is a god, has powers on par with a DC character and he’s still someone who is beloved in the MCU. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Bane Cook said:

THANK FUCK this era is over. And I was one of the defenders of MOS through the 3 yr war(2013-2016). Just ready to wash my hands of this universe and hopefully get some enjoyable DC content. Gunn knows how to make scenes where you can get to know and relate to the characters which is something the DCEU scarcely had. It’s how many movies now and I still feel like I barely know these people. And it has nothing to do with DC characters being unrelatable “gods” or whatever bs some people say. Thor is a god, has powers on par with a DC character and he’s still someone who is beloved in the MCU. 

Is it really over though? We still got Aquaman 2 coming out.

12 hours ago, poweranimals said:

Is it really over though? We still got Aquaman 2 coming out.

Point is after Aquaman 2 the Snyderverse will cease to exsit.

Aquaman 2 is a legacy film which was originally supposed to have been released last December, but was pulled (before Gunn came on board) because they did not want to go head to head against another Undersea  Adventure epic with "Avatar 2".

On 7/3/2023 at 12:13 PM, dudalb said:

Point is after Aquaman 2 the Snyderverse will cease to exsit.

Aquaman 2 is a legacy film which was originally supposed to have been released last December, but was pulled (before Gunn came on board) because they did not want to go head to head against another Undersea  Adventure epic with "Avatar 2".

It would've still done better BO even compiting after Avatar than what they will have now

• Like 2