Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

On 7/20/2023 at 5:00 AM, interiorgatordecorator said:

I dont really expect to see Ezra Miller in anything meaningful again, so I just want to say I'm gonna miss him. It's not that I'm particularly fond of him, though he often plays endearing characters. I feel that as an actor he fills a particular niche, that no other current high-profile actor can. 

Seeing Chamalet look awkward as Wonka only made me think of how much better the role would have been in Ezra Miller's hands 

He was great in the wonderful The Perks of Being a Walkflower.

Edited by efialtes76

14 hours ago, The GOAT said:

DC Fans showing up for everything, except the theaters..........

That certainly happened with Black Adam where it dominated all home media for a long time, but Shazam 2 just had a week in the sun and then quickly faded.

• Disbelief 2

6 hours ago, poweranimals said:

And what exactly qualifies as a DCEU film? Does Aquaman 2? Blue Beetle?

DCEU Flash, DCEU Batman, DCEU Gotham, DCEU Central City, DCEU Superman, DCEU Supergirl, DCEU Man Of Steel plot. The Flash is a DCEU film through and through.

Aquaman is a DCEU film, because it stars the DCEU Aquaman, set in the DCEU universe, following on from other DCEU films. 

Blue Beetle was a DCEU film, but now they're desperately trying to separate it off, so it doesn't die at the box office as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The GOAT said:

If/When James Gunn gets fired, I suspect Zack Snyder will take the mantle of the overlord of DC Comics once again

The whole point of hiring Gunn is because Snyder's universe didn't work out. If Superman Legacy can't turn the ship around, maybe he'll go back to Marvel, but they aren't then going to pivot back to the plan from ten years ago.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

The whole point of hiring Gunn is because Snyder's universe didn't work out. If Superman Legacy can't turn the ship around, maybe he'll go back to Marvel, but they aren't then going to pivot back to the plan from ten years ago.

If Superman Legacy does poorly, that would only continue to make the numbers for the DCEU movies before Justice League all the more desirable to WB. So it wouldn't be really surprising if they decide to bring the Snyderverse back. They'll probably be desperate if the James Gunn reboot doesn't work as they hope. It would be ridiculous if they try yet another reboot after that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The GOAT said:

If/When James Gunn gets fired, I suspect Zack Snyder will take the mantle of the overlord of DC Comics once again

If gunn's reboot doesn't work that's probably the end of their cinematic universes attempts. They'll just make individual films with the big guys and call it a day.

Regardles cchances of going back to Snyder are 0. That bridge is burned.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

I’m someone who is willing to defend Snyder and his movies from a fair amount of the criticisms people throw at them, but there’s no way the Snyderverse as it’s called is coming back, at least not in the form of live action movies. The previous regime at WB had to essentially be strongarmed by the higher ups at AT&T to allow the Snyder Cut to happen, and the current regime doesn’t seem to care for Snyder. I mean, they didn’t even allow that documentary on Max to use footage from ZSJL. 

Snyder has his own upcoming franchise at Netflix, so I think it’s best for people passionate about his work to support that. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

If Superman Legacy does poorly, that would only continue to make the numbers for the DCEU movies before Justice League all the more desirable to WB. So it wouldn't be really surprising if they decide to bring the Snyderverse back. They'll probably be desperate if the James Gunn reboot doesn't work as they hope. It would be ridiculous if they try yet another reboot after that.

Well, they might not reboot, but I'd imagine they'd just put a lot more into Reeves Batman-verse before going back to Snyder.

17 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

If gunn's reboot doesn't work that's probably the end of their cinematic universes attempts. They'll just make individual films with the big guys and call it a day.

Regardles cchances of going back to Snyder are 0. That bridge is burned.

Money solves everything.