Eric the Minion

Twisters | Uni/WB | July 19, 2024 | A remake (?) to the 1996 classic

43 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Crazy that Powell made pennies on Top Gun Maverick, but Anyone But You got him his first house. 

It’s all in the deal folks. 

No one went to TGM because Powell was in the movie.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

OK, nobody goes to any movie because X actor is in the film, besides like... 5 actors. Does that mean every other actor should make pennies?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Crazy that Powell made pennies on Top Gun Maverick, but Anyone But You got him his first house. 

It’s all in the deal folks. 

He was pretty much unknown before TG:Maverick. Now he will get big bucks. That is the way it has always, worked folks. Unknowns don't get the big paychecks. You  have to be a star to make the real money. Amazed I have to explain this.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

OK, nobody goes to any movie because X actor is in the film, besides like... 5 actors. Does that mean every other actor should make pennies?

Uh, the big names make the big money. That will never change.

TG;Maverick made Powell a star.

53 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I am still amazed people don't get that the uniknowns don't get big paychecks.

And, frankly, after what they paid Cruise for T'GM ate most of the money they budgeted for actors.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dudalb said:

He was pretty much unknown before TG:Maverick. Now he will get big bucks. That is the way it has always, worked folks. Unknowns don't get the big paychecks. You  have to be a star to make the real money. Amazed I have to explain this.

You won’t be explaining anything to me lol.

Read the interview. I didn’t say he should make big bucks, but it shows how little some actors are being paid despite the film being huge. This is why they went on strike not long after Maverick I guess. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 11

32 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

You won’t be explaining anything to me lol.

Read the interview. I didn’t say he should make big bucks, but it shows how little some actors are being paid despite the film being huge. This is why they went on strike not long after Maverick I guess. 

LMAO, clock it, bb.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, excel1 said:

they're really not changing the release date, geez

I mean you can't really change a release date this late in the game. They made their bed. They're gonna have to sleep in it.

And honestly, while I'm sure the second weekend drop will be bad, I think it and Deadpool will co-exist. Important to remember this is the only big PG-13 tentpole for the rest of the summer. That goes a long way, as Planet of the Apes has shown.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, excel1 said:

they're really not changing the release date, geez

I think it'll be okay. Besides Christmas time this is the one time of year (July, peak summer) when you can do this. Twisters may drop big on the face of D&W on its 2nd weekend but both movies will find a lot of runway through August. I'm confident theatres will find a way to split the PLF's like they did for Barbie and Oppenheimer.

Edited by Insomnia

Yeah there's deadpool but then there's nothing after that until maybe Beetlejuice. I still think swapping with DM would've been a net benefit scenario for Uni but they seem to love that early July date for the minions franchise