Eric Lasagna

Twisters | Uni/WB | July 19, 2024 | A remake (?) to the 1996 classic

On 5/15/2024 at 5:57 PM, AniNate said:

I mean even by typical movie soundtrack standards this is 31 songs which presumably average about 3 minutes in length. That's over 90 minutes.

I assume some of these are just "inspired by" the movie though and not actually in it.

They'll probably play like 5-15 sec for most of them,  couple might get 30 sec to a min then the song over the end titles. 

The 96 soundtrack had 21 (about a dozen made the album) - and was far more varied.  Shania is the only repeat

Talula (BT's Tornado Mix) - Tori Amos
Motherless Child - Eric Clapton
Darling Pretty - Mark Knopfler
Twisted - Stevie Nicks & Lindsey Buckingham
Melancholy Mechanics - Red Hot Chili Peppers
She Ain't Coming Back - Performed by Joe Diffie
Virtual Reality - Rusted Root
No One Needs to Know - Shania Twain
Child in Time - Deep Purple
Oklahoma = Richard Rodgers & Oscar Hammerstein II
Long Way Down - Goo Goo Dolls
Miss This - David Pirner
Broken - Belly
See the Sky Again - Edwin McCain
Humans Being - Van Halen
How -  Lisa Loeb & Nine Stories
Moments Like This - Viktor Krauss and Alison Krauss & Union Station
De Natura Sonoris No. 1 - Krzysztof Penderecki
Love Affair - Ennio Morricone
Respect The Wind - Edward Van Halen (as Edward) and Alex Van Halen
William Tell Overture - Gioachino Rossini

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

They’re obviously targeting conservative audiences and middle America with the soundtrack too then. Hopefully the show up at the cinemas though. 

Even though I couldn’t be further from those groups, I’m still excited to see this. 

Yeah for me this is like TG Maverick. I can not wait for it but know a huge portion of the audience I do not share the same political beliefs in any way. It is what it is.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, emoviefan said:

Yeah for me this is like TG Maverick. I can not wait for it but know a huge portion of the audience I do not share the same political beliefs in any way. It is what it is.

That applies to basically any movie aside from obvious pandering films to one side. America is basically 5% ultra lib, 5% ultra repub, 25% moderate lib, 25% moderate repub, and 40% mixed bag.

Posted (edited)

Now feeling unshakable confidence we are heading for a Jurassic World type of huge break out if this is any good. Positive review and I think $100m + opening is possible.

This entire thing with blasting country rock, roaring Dodge Rams, Glenn Powell swaggering in a cowboy hat, and tornados destroying everything is going to be such a mid-summer vibe from Wakita to Queens.

Edited by excel1

Posted (edited)

I am sure this movie has been carefully crafted to offend nobody's politics.

Some people really do see  politics in every single thing they see.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, excel1 said:

Now feeling unshakable confidence we are heading for a Jurassic World type of huge break out if this is any good. Positive review and I think $100m + opening is possible.

This entire thing with blasting country rock, roaring Dodge Rams, Glenn Powell swaggering in a cowboy hat, and tornados destroying everything is going to be such a mid-summer vibe from Wakita to Queens.

If this breaks out that big on the 19th and does not get killed by DP &W the following week and acts as counter programing to it we may see  some of the biggest box office numbers since the same time last year with Barbenheimer. Would love to see it. 

Edited by emoviefan

31 minutes ago, Flip said:

This should move up to July 12th

It would make sense but Universal has DM 4 releasing on the 3rd so I assume they want to spread their movies out. I think they feel they can counterprogram DP and W in that second weekend esp if it does hit big with Red State America who may not care as much about the Comic Book movie.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Flip said:

This should move up to July 12th

Yeah it really should. 

20 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

If this breaks out that big on the 19th and does not get killed by DP &W the following week and acts as counter programing to it we may see  some of the biggest box office numbers since the same time last year with Barbenheimer. Would love to see it. 

The key is that this really does need to be good. Like RT in the 70s or above ala Jurassic World. 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, John Marston said:

This movie is fucked. Universal should have swapped  its date with DM4

Would have made way more sense on the 4th of July weekend esp with it's appeal to the middle of the country.  DM 4 would have been even better counter to DP and W. Still think it can open big on the 19th though  if the reviews are good. The bigger the opening at least may buffer the second week drop.

Edited by emoviefan