Eric Loves Rey

Twisters | Uni/WB | July 19, 2024 | A remake (?) to the 1996 classic

I wouldn't be that concerned if hype feels cool at the moment; we're three months out from the release with at least half a dozen blockbusters opening between now and then, including two from Universal that are gonna take up a lot of their time in marketing. Heck, at this time last year Barbie didn't even have a full trailer yet. 

I think Monkey Man established that well enough. They are pretty much worthless for the aim of generating extra revenue but I'll take the early footage where I get it.

There's not much to talk about right now re twisters beyond that inane discourse about whether it's a sequel or reboot. All I can say is if it does bring the entertainment goods I still think it'll be a solid hit.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1

Yeah this movie is 3 months away. There a lots of movies coming out between now and then.  This movie not having much buzz with the GA right now is not a concern. Now on July 5th or so if the buzz is still not there.  Then yeah that will be a concern.  

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 7:43 AM, emoviefan said:

She's not playing the Helen Hunt character any more than Glen Powell is playing the Paxton. Nothing in the marketing and first trailer even suggests that. I think that person that he is talking  about is  kind full of shit or they feel that the structure of the plot makes it feel like a remake rather than  outright  be one.

Sounds like what the writer meant  was it is pretty much the same plot as the original but with differnet charecters.  Sort of a Semi remake I guess.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

Just realized I've never seen Twister even though I have it in an unopened Bluray for like 10 years. Twisters is finally going to make me see Twister.

Twister is an awesome 1990s popcorn disaster flick. Like ARMAGEDDON and ID4, it is flawless for what it is.