Fake

Friday Numbers

How the fuck is it even possible? That's like ridiculous.

It pretty much had the most frontloaded release date imaginable: It's Friday was the 13th, Saturday was Valentine's Day, and Monday was a holiday. Check this out: http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=fridaythe13th09.htm86% drop on its second Friday. :lol:

I believe it's the Friday the 13th remake, which grossed $40m on OW and then stalled out at $65m (!!!). I'm thinking Wrath will be frontloaded, but not that frontloaded, heh.

Almost, Highschool Musical 3 is the winner, 42m opening wknd but it had a much better multiplier topping out at 90m. Paranormal Activity 4 should take the record later on this year.

Variety pretty much just copy and pasted THR's article that said 60m. Both sites don't know how to extrapolate though. 20m wouldn't mean a 60m weekend for THG. It would be much higher than that if the 20m number is accurate.

Edited by blackspider

80% tumble on the second weekend, no wonder. :D

Devil Inside Me just posted the worst multiplier for a wide release earlier this year, somehow besting Friday the 13th, with an implosive 1.57 multilier vs jason 1.62.

Devil Inside Me just posted the worst multiplier for a wide release earlier this year, somehow besting Friday the 13th, with an implosive 1.57 multilier vs jason 1.62.

That's just shameful.

Almost, Highschool Musical 3 is the winner, 42m opening wknd but it had a much better multiplier topping out at 90m. Paranormal Activity 4 should take the record later on this year.

Man, some films are just :wacko: with their frontloading. It'll be interesting to see if Paranormal Activity 4 can top Watchmen as the highest opener to not get a 2.0 mutliplier.Edit: Maybe Breaking Dawn 2 can annihilate it. Part 1 was at ~2.04 Edited by Biggestgeekever

Man, some films are just :wacko: with their frontloading. It'll be interesting to see if Paranormal Activity 4 can top Watchmen as the highest opener to not get a 2.0 mutliplier.Edit: Maybe Breaking Dawn 2 can annihilate it. Part 1 was at ~2.04

Breaking Dawn, definitely, I see it opening to 150M+ and barely scraping itself to 300M. Edited by riczhang

Man, some films are just :wacko: with their frontloading. It'll be interesting to see if Paranormal Activity 4 can top Watchmen as the highest opener to not get a 2.0 mutliplier.Edit: Maybe Breaking Dawn 2 can annihilate it. Part 1 was at ~2.04

Those are definitely the two mega front-loaded films of choice, my preference would be BD2 since the film is guaranteed to be the inferior of the two.

That multiplier is pitiful but the film itself was extremely profitable. It had a mere 1m budget and it made 97m worldwide.

Could possibly take cake for most appalling gross for an undeserving film, maybe not though, New Moon is without a doubt lower than trash.

Could possibly take cake for most appalling gross for an undeserving film, maybe not though, New Moon is without a doubt lower than trash.

I heard a lot of negative things about Devil Inside, particularly the ending. I didn't really look that much into the film, it was a one week wonder and then faded from memory.

I heard a lot of negative things about Devil Inside, particularly the ending. I didn't really look that much into the film, it was a one week wonder and then faded from memory.

And went well beyond folding like tinfoil, a sub 2.0 multiplier can be considered a full on implosion.

Wrath is a sequel no one asked for, and it's performing likewise at the box office. It won't hit 30m off of a 11m-12m opening and that really just stinks. Low 6s for Mirror, Mirror isn't great either. Hunger Games is just rolling over the marketplace...

• Like 1