Fake

Friday Numbers

Nikke's early estimates based on matinees always gets revised several times before 10:00 pm.I wouldn't count on these as the final either good or bad.

I generally take +/- 10% uncertainty for afternoon updates and +/- 5% for late night updates.So the weekend figure could go anywhere between 55M-65M.

if she had said Hunger Games was making 80M this weekend everybody would be cheering her lol.

Um NO. They would still be estimates from the 4pm hour on the East Coast, good or bad. And everyone says the same thing whenever she's given estimates so early before for ANY film.

I generally take +/- 10% uncertainty for afternoon updates and +/- 5% for late night updates.So the weekend figure could go anywhere between 55M-65M.

Pretty much. That 60m is not a do or die number. I forgot what movie it was but she revised it at least 3 times before 10pm. I think it was The Vow and Safehouse. Wish I could remember.

We have the same argument every week.But we'd be bitching if she didn't give us the hefty lunchtimates so eh, what can you do? Vicious circle.

True. But we should put these super-early weekend estimates in perspective. They are super early and aren't really based on much.

Pretty much. That 60m is not a do or die number. I forgot what movie it was but she revised it at least 3 times before 10pm. I think it was The Vow and Safehouse. Wish I could remember.

It wasn't just those two movies. She's done that with pretty much every new movie(s) that hav come every weekend for the last couple of months. We'll get at least 2 more revisions today and then another one early Saturday morning; and then may e even another one after that. I love reading her constant updates.

FIRST BOX OFFICE: #1 ‘Hunger Games’ $60M, #2 ‘Wrath Of Titans’ $40M, #3 ‘Mirror Mirror’ $25M

FRIDAY 1 PM UPDATE: Based on matinees, my sources are predicting another huge weekend with these North American box office results:

The Hunger Games (Lionsgate) Week 2 [4,137 Theaters]

Est Friday $18M, Est Weekend $60M

Wrath Of The Titans (Warner Bros) NEW [3,545 Theaters]

Est Friday $14M, Est Weekend $40M

Mirror Mirror (Relativity) NEW [3,603 Theaters]

Est Friday $7M, Est Weekend $25M

This is a total, absolute joke. It's just 2PM on the West Coast. These numbers will be off by +/- 5M.

My Interpretation of the early numbers:"Wrath of the Titans" is a sequel. "Wrath of the Titans" is an evening movie. But as it's a sequel, it should potentially do better in matinees than "John Carter" for example. So if they compare the early numbers to "John Carters" or other non sequels, maybe even to "Clash of the Titans", they could very well be overestimating Wrath that early."Mirror, Mirror" may be compared to other kids movies, so those early numbers are quite good, but as i expect it to do very well in evening showings, those numbers could go up later.Yes, I expect "Wrath" and "Mirror, Mirror" to be much closer with the final numbers, but probably i will be wrong. ;).But one thing i'm sure of: "Wrath" is not doing 40Mio with those friday numbers.