Fake

Friday Numbers

the server needs an upgrade.i thought it was supposed to work better now since we're part of bo.com. the main site has bigger traffic, right. how do these things work?

I've had troubles all day to come on this site. Edited by Sheba

It wasn't just those two movies. She's done that with pretty much every new movie(s) that hav come every weekend for the last couple of months. We'll get at least 2 more revisions today and then another one early Saturday morning; and then may e even another one after that. I love reading her constant updates.

Yeah she is pretty funny.

My Interpretation of the early numbers:"Wrath of the Titans" is a sequel. "Wrath of the Titans" is an evening movie. But as it's a sequel, it should potentially do better in matinees than "John Carter" for example. So if they compare the early numbers to "John Carters" or other non sequels, maybe even to "Clash of the Titans", they could very well be overestimating Wrath that early.Yes, I expect "Wrath" and "Mirror, Mirror" to be much closer with the final numbers, but probably i will be wrong. ;).But one thing i'm sure of: "Wrath" is not doing 40Mio with those friday numbers.

Just because your brothers get the spotlight in the marketing doesn't mean you have to be so NEGATIVE. :rolleyes:;)
  • Like 1

Why do people bitch about Nikki week after week? You know what you're gonna get every Friday. It's the same process over and over.I was expecting Hunger to take in $18-20M so I'm hoping it stays in that range for the sake of my prediction. Also, I don't think Wrath gets to $40M with $14M.

• Like 1

I'm thinking her prediction will increase as the weekend progresses. So, what is she basing her estimate on? The first two or three showings of the day on the east coast?

She has sources but she puts the weekend estimate this early so she can beat THR and Variety. This is what she does. Just have to keep it all in perspective and not read anything too tragic or great in the early estimates. Edited by ECSTASY

Well, at least this is better than starting at 75 million continually lowering the prediction throughout the weekend. When estimates keep going down it is much more depressing.

LOL Tell me about it. I remember every estimate of XMen First Class went down. I just stopped reading until actuals came in. And there is a realistic chance that this estimate could go down. Won't know until much later. Edited by ECSTASY

http://www.hollywood...r-mirror-306427

"Hunger Games is expected to earn as much as $20 million on Friday for a projected weekend gross of $61 million. The movie, which finished Thursday with a domestic cume of nearly $190 million, will jump the $200 million mark by the end of the day."

"Early returns show "Titans" grossing $11 million to $12 million on Friday for a weekend debut in the $33 million to $35 million range; the Snow White update should gross in the $6 million range on Friday for a $22 million to $24 million weekend."

Edited by ECSTASY