YM!

Lightyear | 6/17/22 | Disney/Pixar | PUPPY INTERVIEW FRIDAY SO NO REASON TO SEE MOVIE NOW. FLOP INCOMING

Just now, YourMother said:

I think if Soul and Turning Red went theatrical in a pandemic less environment, both would’ve outgrossed Lightyear. Both had stronger reviews and it seems more and more likely Lightyear may be softer than expected.

Soul yes, really doubt Turning Red would have done it

Just now, YourMother said:

I think if Soul and Turning Red went theatrical in a pandemic less environment, both would’ve outgrossed Lightyear. Both had stronger reviews and it seems more and more likely Lightyear may be softer than expected.

Not impossible I suppose but it doesn't matter now since we'll never know.

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Just now, Grebacio said:

Soul yes, really doubt Turning Red would have done it

I don't know why you'd even try to think of a "no pandemic" situation but...

I mean Finding Dory still made WAY more money than Zootopia and Moana did at the box office. IP-driven stuff works.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Not impossible I suppose but it doesn't matter now since we'll never know.

In my hypothetical it’d be like:

Soul - $105m/$325m

TR - $60m/$270m

Lightyear - $75m/$245m

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Soul - $105m/$325m

TR - $60m/$270m

Lightyear - $75m/$245m

I can maybe understand Soul keeping the June spot and improving on Inside Out's opening, but why does Turning Red have Zootopia legs in your imagination?

Just now, cannastop said:

I can maybe understand Soul keeping the June spot and improving on Inside Out's opening, but why does Turning Red have Zootopia legs in your imagination?

Idk rave WOM and barren Spring

1 minute ago, TheDude391 said:

After the cinemacon raves, I'm a tad surprised at the responses being as lukewarm as they are.

CinemaCon buzz should always be taken with an enormous grain of salt. Never forget that they screened the entirety of the last Pirates of the Caribbean there to raves claiming it was a return to form for the franchise.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, YourMother said:

I actually think Luca, if released in the summer as it was going to be I believe, would've done better than Turning Red for certain and potentially Soul as well. I like Turning Red and Soul more but people seemed to like Luca that streamed and it's a very summer movie and extremely kid friendly. Families would've ate that up in theaters. Would've had nice legs. Turning Red would've had it's champions as it as does now but would've been a bit divisive. Soul skews a bit older so not sure kids and families would've went nuts for it for huge box office numbers.

• Like 1