YM!

Lightyear | 6/17/22 | Disney/Pixar | PUPPY INTERVIEW FRIDAY SO NO REASON TO SEE MOVIE NOW. FLOP INCOMING

I truly wish there was a good Imax by me but I may settle for it using the local Liemax. Besides, it’ll keep my tradition that I only go the format for animation and Nolan lol as I have only seen four movies in IMAX:

Cars 2

Tintin

Dunkirk

Spider-Verse

On 4/22/2022 at 8:59 AM, YourMother said:

I truly wish there was a good Imax by me but I may settle for it using the local Liemax. Besides, it’ll keep my tradition that I only go the format for animation and Nolan lol as I have only seen four movies in IMAX:

Cars 2

Tintin

Dunkirk

Spider-Verse

How far is it from you I have to go 45 minutes to one that actually shows movies and not a tourist trap documentary short

1 hour ago, Reddroast said:

How far is it from you I have to go 45 minutes to one that actually shows movies and not a tourist trap documentary short

From my house, it’s a fifteen to twenty minute drive between three theaters, where are two Marcus and an IMAX/AMC at a mall. It’s not so much the drive but I really dislike going to the AMC there due to the pricing, and quality of the theater.

Great reactions from Cinemacon, people who saw the 30 minutes footage last week also loved it

I think this will surprise many people and will be acclaimed just like the recent Pixar originals [Soul / Turning Red]. Box office i´m sure it will be huge, the trailers were massive.

7 minutes ago, YourMother said:

From my house, it’s a fifteen to twenty minute drive between three theaters, where are two Marcus and an IMAX/AMC at a mall. It’s not so much the drive but I really dislike going to the AMC there due to the pricing, and quality of the theater.

Yeah mall theatres can be hit or miss

Honestly, I feel like if I was at one of these conventions, I would rather see nothing at all than this first 20/30 minutes stuff. Like you're 1/6 to 1/4 of the way through, things getting moving, and it just stops. Would be kinda annoying. 

Edited by Menor Reborn

24 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Honestly, I feel like if I was at one of these conventions, I would rather see nothing at all than this first 20/30 minutes stuff. Like you're 1/6 to 1/4 of the way through, things getting moving, and it just stops. Would be kinda annoying. 

The people who saw it would disagree entirely with you. The reactions are through the roof 

36 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

It isn't annoying at all.  

• Like 2

Woudnt it be great if this film and Dominion could recreate the same co-existing run like with the first JW and Inside Out in 2015? I could totally see this also opening in the 90M range and then chugging along with the dinosaurs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Woudnt it be great if this film and Dominion could recreate the same co-existing run like with the first JW and Inside Out in 2015? I could totally see this also opening in the 90M range and then chugging along with the dinosaurs.

That still shocks me to this day. Inside Out was competing with Jurassic World AND Minions yet it outgrossed the latter domestically while making $858M Worldwide.

So, if an original Pixar film can pull those numbers, this could be huge.