YM!

Lightyear | 6/17/22 | Disney/Pixar | PUPPY INTERVIEW FRIDAY SO NO REASON TO SEE MOVIE NOW. FLOP INCOMING

Some of these past few posts on the previous page scream “How to be a homophobe, without saying you’re a homophobe.”

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

Some of these past few posts on the previous page scream “How to be a homophobe, without saying you’re a homophobe.”

Scary thing is a number of politicians in the US are mastering that art; clearly showing they are homophobes to appeal to the right wing voting block, but leaving just enough wriggle room to deny it when speaking to "moderate" audeinces.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

They only had that kiss cut so that they could get that money from China and other countries. Since they're not going to be getting said money (China has been passing on plenty of Hollywood movies in general recently so the industry no longer needs to bend over backwards to appease them), back into the movie it went.

I think China will end up pretty much removing Western movies from theaters altogether; XI is moving in that directtion. He does not the  West corrupting the CHinese people with evil ideas like freedom and democracy, and isolating them is a good way  of doing that.

Back to the Cold War in other words.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think China will end up pretty much removing Western movies from theaters altogether; XI is moving in that directtion. He does not the  West corrupting the CHinese people with evil ideas like freedom and democracy, and isolating them is a good way  of doing that.

Back to the Cold War in other words.

China is a piece of shit government and country at this point.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Also, piss off to anyone who has a problem with Lightyear and the "kiss".  I've seen it in full and it is the least harmful or threatening thing every.  In fact, it's beautiful and full of love.  

Does this movie have "too much story" ? :sparta:

1 minute ago, Grebacio said:

Imagine if Minions Rise of Gru gets better reviews than this.

Honestly if things don’t stabilize it’s possible that this becomes Pixar’s second rotten film. But more and more as time goes on Minions seems like the bigger movie between the two at the box office.

3 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

Imagine if Minions Rise of Gru gets better reviews than this.

I dont want to imagine that. I dont even care about Lightyear, but i dont want to imagine that at all.

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Honestly if things don’t stabilize it’s possible that this becomes Pixar’s second rotten film. But more and more as time goes on Minions seems like the bigger movie between the two at the box office.

TIIuV1V.jpg

I know this is still a small smaple, but Yikes. Really not a good start

1 minute ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Pixar's first theatrical release in years being a wet fart doesn't inspire confidence in the studio's future.

Illumination's probably very relieved right now. This movie being a dud will help Minions 2 immensely.

Minions 2 will also be a dud. 

And i doubt Pixar will be in trouble as a company, they dropped 4 very well received original movies in a roll and all turned out to be huge on streaming. 

The future of animation in theaters could be in trouble tho, we didn't have a single big animation on theaters since pandemic started. If Lightyear / Minions don't change that, it could lead to a thinking that animation belongs to streaming.

Minions is less reliant on good reviews than Lightyear due to what audiences expect from the different studios. It can literally do like sub 40% and still be likely to do $200m compared to a Pixar movie because illumination is literally sells itself on dumb kid friendly fun.