YM!

Lightyear | 6/17/22 | Disney/Pixar | PUPPY INTERVIEW FRIDAY SO NO REASON TO SEE MOVIE NOW. FLOP INCOMING

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Okay is right.  You love to throw out MODERATION and warnings right and left for when people over and over post the same thing that is nonsense, yet for whatever reason on this topic you get a pass.  Saying RIP Disney releasing animation 1937-2022 or whatver is just so absurdly silly.  It's pretty much the definition of trolling, but you get away with it because you hold the mod keys and you get to decide what is or isn't trolling.  

Maybe think about it for a minute and own that your over and over posting on this is highly ridiculous and not based in reality.  

Okay.

• Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Saying RIP Disney releasing animation 1937-2022 or whatver is just so absurdly silly.  It's pretty much the definition of trolling, but you get away with it because you hold the mod keys and you get to decide what is or isn't trolling.  

Tbh this is true, i´ve seen similar ´´jokes´´ and not only in this thread actually. 

It doesn´t bother me, but yeah, it definitely happens.

• Like 4

For example, @Eric Lightyear, can I go over to the Avatar 2 thread and just start posting it is doomed because 3D is dead and China is releasing less and less western films and it did a ton of its gross on 3D and China?  Then can I post it over and over in that thread whenever the topic comes up?  

Of course not.  It would cause a riot.  You would thread ban me and anyone else that tried it.  

Yet in this thread and other Disney animation threads you post this sort of thing, especially when it is even more absurd than the Avatar example.  Disney isn't going to stop releasing animation in theaters.  There is no indication towards that, and in fact the trend is that they are going back to theaters and the prior releases were pandemic related.  

Have a little introspection on this one.  

• Like 8

WHYYYYYYYY does no one listen to me?!?!?

Do I need to post more puppy pictures?

@EmpireCity  Stop. 

and to everyone else:

Also going off of my previous moderation post, it’s totally cool if you’re frustrated and things are not going the way you expected it to be. Emotions are valid. But I just don’t think we need to go to extreme emotions before we have a full view of the situation. This goes for everything/everyone on this board.

Maybe the past three years has fundamentally changed my outlook on life. But I do not see the need to Get yourself so worked up over a movie, or something that is not in your control. Because quite frankly, none of us know what is going to happen next, because it feels like every day something new and crazy happens that completely changes everything.

So instead of acting like chicken little, or being a dick to your fellow posters, or just stirring the pot, why don’t we just look at puppy pictures!!!

Me scrolling through the ridiculously premature grave-dancing over the past few pages:

You Really Need GIF - You Really Need Relax GIFs

The "fun but lesser Pixar" reception this is getting is what was expected and not at all worthy of hyperbolic freak-outs. And all it needed to ensure the box office success that awaits it.

In more important news:

55 minutes ago, Cap said:

IT IS HERE FRIDAY

Can we also talk about how King Mickey sent him to Disneyland over the weekend to promote the movie and most of the Internet thinks these photos are photoshopped? lmmaaaaoooo.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cap said:

WHYYYYYYYY does no one listen to me?!?!?

Do I need to post more puppy pictures?

@EmpireCity  Stop. 

and to everyone else:

Also going off of my previous moderation post, it’s totally cool if you’re frustrated and things are not going the way you expected it to be. Emotions are valid. But I just don’t think we need to go to extreme emotions before we have a full view of the situation. This goes for everything/everyone on this board.

Maybe the past three years has fundamentally changed my outlook on life. But I do not see the need to Get yourself so worked up over a movie, or something that is not in your control. Because quite frankly, none of us know what is going to happen next, because it feels like every day something new and crazy happens that completely changes everything.

So instead of acting like chicken little, or being a dick to your fellow posters, or just stirring the pot, why don’t we just look at puppy pictures!!!

You are tagging me and giving ME?? a warning and saying it is because you told me to "stop"??

Look at the post history.  I posted nothing after that.  What in the world did I do wrong?  Calling out that a mod was trolling?

• Like 2

While disappointing that the first Pixar film Disney decides to release in theatres isn't "top-tier" Pixar (and Turning Red, Soul, and Luca lost out on the ability to cement themselves in box office history - I'm still sour about this), its reviews right now are normal for Pixar's less glowingly reviewed slate of films.

Pixar Movie RT Scores and Multipliers

90%+ RT Score Class

Toy Story — 100% (9.1 rating) — 6.58 (using 3-day), 4.91 (using 5-day)

Toy Story 2 — 100% (8.7 rating) — 4.28 (using first wide weekend)

Finding Nemo — 99% (8.7 rating) — 4.83

Toy Story 3 — 98% (8.9 rating) — 3.76

Inside Out — 98% (8.9 rating) — 3.94

Up — 98% (8.7 rating) — 4.30

Toy Story 4 — 97% (8.4 rating) — 3.59

Coco — 97% (8.3 rating) — 4.13 (using 3-day), 2.88 (using 5-day)

The Incredibles — 97% (8.4 rating) — 3.71

Ratatouille — 96% (8.5 rating) — 4.39

Monsters, Inc — 96% (8.1 rating) — 4.09

Wall-E — 95% (8.6 rating) — 3.55

Soul — 95% (8.3 rating) — No theatrical release

Turning Red — 94% (8.0 rating) — No theatrical release

Finding Dory — 94% (7.7 rating) — 3.60

Incredibles 2 — 93% (7.9 rating) — 3.33

A Bug’s Life — 92% (7.9 rating) — 4.89 (using 3-day wide weekend), 3.56 (using 5-day wide)

Luca — 91% (7.3 rating) — No theatrical release

Certified Fresh & Fresh

Onward — 88% (7.2 rating) — 1.57* (legs decimated due to coronavirus)

Lightyear — 84% (6.9 rating) — TBD

Monsters University — 80% (6.8 rating) — 3.26

Brave — 78% (7.0 rating) — 3.58

The Good Dinosaur — 76% (6.6 rating) — 3.14 (using 3-day), 2.22 (using 5-day)

Cars — 74% (6.9 rating) — 4.06

Cars 3 — 69% (6.1 rating) — 2.85

Rotten

Cars 2 — 39% (5.5 rating) — 2.89

Lightyear nestles in nicely right along side Onward, Monsters University, Brave, etc.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

You are tagging me and giving ME??

Yes. I am. Because I asked everyone to calm down. And then you came in, in reignated things. That deserves been told “No.”

I could be completely wrong, but I don’t think I ask a lot of the posters here. I think that I am pretty generous and I am pretty fair. So I would appreciate if people Listens to me when I said enough is enough. Because, enough is enough.

• Disbelief 1