Eric is Quiet

Beau is Afraid | April 21, 2023 | A24 | Ari Aster directs. Joaquin stars

Feel like we don't need a crystal ball to see that this will make a grand total of like $77 at the box office. Seems even more difficult of a movie to market than something like The Whale was (and currently has zero early awards buzz that would give it some mainstream appeal).

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

plain stupid hubris to change the amazing title which everyone had been using for quite a while

I'm probably exaggerating, but I wouldn't be surprised if that title change ends up cutting its gross in half (25 instead of 50)

On 3/27/2023 at 11:01 PM, interiorgatordecorator said:

plain stupid hubris to change the amazing title which everyone had been using for quite a while

I'm probably exaggerating, but I wouldn't be surprised if that title change ends up cutting its gross in half (25 instead of 50)

??? The title changed in December, when most people first heard about this movie. So most people know it as Beau is Afraid.

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

3hrs too. 

I did see something about Ari & Phoenix working together again on the next film, but I’d much rather he did a horror with another incredible lead actress performance. 

I'd rather he do something different like he did here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • ...wtf 1

8 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'd rather he do something different like he did here.

But the plan is just to do another film with Phoenix again right after this one. 

Maybe I should’ve been clearer: I’d rather he was working with a different actress next time, not the same actor again straight away. 

Reviews start out a lot more positive than I was expecting. I'm sure it'll still wind up divisive at the end, but everything I've seen and heard makes it sound like something I might love

• Like 1